WA Police Open Day

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

godinoz

Post by godinoz »

i remember the good old days with pursuits where at the end of the chase the baddies car would be towed away, along with a couple of delta cars and gd vans. Oh to be back in those days when 79 was the law and crime was low.
Kanye

Post by Kanye »

hahaha, "when crime was low" !!
November Sierra

Post by November Sierra »

This one goes from 1600 to 2100 (i think), and the concert is at 0730
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Im gonna go, should be interesting :D
yorky

Post by yorky »

yeah I'll go as well, can't find any info anywhere but I'll keep looking...
imacop

Post by imacop »

only info i have found is on the WA Police Pipe Band website.

DATE 2007 : Feb 24
ENGAGEMENT (Concerts): Free community concert at Joondalup police academy at a time yet to be advised
TIME: TBA
wizzard

Post by wizzard »

the time i have through VFAS is that its about 1600 due to start . goes till 2100
imacop

Post by imacop »

some news regarding the POLICE Open Day.

WA POLICE VARIETY CONCERT - SATURDAY FEBRUARY 24

Following the tremendous success of last year’s inaugural WA Police Concert, this year’s variety concert is fast approaching and shaping up to be bigger and better than the last.

The free outdoor, family event, to be held at the Joondalup Academy on Saturday 24 February, will follow the same format as last year’s – police officers will largely fill the entertainment bill on the night, with guest performances by Hale School’s band and choir, Scottish Highland and Irish dancers and mime artist Michael Johnson. The first performance will start at 7.30pm and the concert will close at 9.10pm with a spectacular fireworks display above the academy lake.

Prior to the concert, the Joondalup Police Academy will be hosting their annual Open Day from 4pm. Police Recruiting, Regional WA, TRG, PCYC State Office, Dog Squad, Driver Training and many other divisions will be represented. If you haven’t taken your family and friends along to an academy Open Day before, they are a great opportunity to give them a glimpse into your line of work and the many facets of policing.

So put this date into your diaries. We are urging as many police employees and their family and friends to attend these events as possible. Public Affairs look forward to seeing you there!

Full event details will be posted on our website from Friday 9 February: www.police.wa.gov.au
Froggles

Post by Froggles »

Thanks for the info imacop.

I'll definitely be there, sounds like a good day out.

Hope to see some WARSUG members there :smt006
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

WARSUG Public Transport Moderator