Police frequency(ies) South Perth/Como area

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Echo

Police frequency(ies) South Perth/Como area

Post by Echo »

Hi - I've just moved immediately South of the River and I've finally unpacked my scanner from the container (Interstate move from Melbourne). I've looked through PDFs of frequencies and plugged most into the scanner but I wonder if anyone here can give me the frequency/channel numbers used in the South Perth/Kensington/Como/Manning areas to save me having to guess which one is actually relevant? Many thanks in advance.
yorky

Post by yorky »

I think channel 2 & 8, southside. Someone can correct me though as I'm north.
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

yorky wrote:I think channel 2 & 8, southside. Someone can correct me though as I'm north.
Roger that Yorky.
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

I used to find 8 was the best in Sth Perth. Although listening to the Perth area, and special ops was more interesting. Cannington District (which Sth Perth and Como sit in) is mainly domestics and disturbances, though when they get a chase it is usually pretty good.
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

I used to live in Como, and yeah channel 8 is good, and I think there's also Channel 12 which is a good signal there, not 100% sure what area it's for but it's the other side of the freeway, applecross and further.
Echo

Post by Echo »

Thanks for the replies - of course now I see on the PDF (supplied from sticky) the clear 'S' for Southside...

Next on my list is to find a scanner place so that I can acquire a decent discone antenna - a ScanKing Royal Discone one would be the one of choice but they only seem to be found in the UK. I've found a place over in Belmont so I'll see what they have.

Anyway, going off topic - although if anyone has any recommendations for an antenna, I'd appreciate them - thanks!
HEKTIK
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by HEKTIK »

http://www.mobileone.com.au/antennas/scanner.htm

im pretty sure DSE can get any of these in for you or WACB in East Perth can also get any of them for you
Perth Online Police Scanner

http://waix.net:8000

RIP
Echo

Post by Echo »

Much appreciated - cheers.
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Styles can be applied quickly to selected text! meh!