Police Shooting Floreat Officer Stabbed

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

Yes, please, moving right along all.... :?
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Good call Chicky.

Maybe an idea for the mods to lock this thread...
BLiNG

Post by BLiNG »

Kanye wrote:{REMOVED BY AN ADMIN}
2 wrongs don't make a right. Your post is also uncalled for, of course, in my opinion. Are you saying because he was bipolar he shouldn't have been shot by an officer who was fearing for his life and defending himself? What a load of bollocks.

It's obvious you don't know alot about some of the people who post on here. I think it is probably best you move on... forget you read the post and ignore this thread.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Indeed. Lots of stuff said here that shouldn't have been, from both sides.
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

I have removed my quote to care for your sensitive side Kayne.

{REMOVED BY WALKS}

Walks.
Last edited by Walks on Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
GC101
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by GC101 »

Last edited by GC101 on Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

crimefighter wrote:No Police Officer joins the job to be injured ...

{snip rest of post}
Crimefighter, welcome to the forums and congratulations on an excellent, well thought out, logical and sensible post :)

Cheers,
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

CHEV4EVR wrote:Good to see after not visiting this site for a while that things haven't changed for a number of people.

Yet again everybody knows how to do the job better than the police. Seems to be a popular trend in the community these days.
There's always going to be those who weren't there offering opinions on how things could have been done better. They're the ones that the media often laughingly refer to as "experts" :)

However, please don't think that everyone on here is in the habit of second-guessing the decisions that the Police make. Speaking purely for myself, I think it's unfortunate that someone had to die, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. A person made a decision to attack police and there are consequences to that decision. It's that simple (to me).

I hope that the injured officer has a speedy recovery and gets the chance to spend time with his family in New Zealand like he had originally planned.

Last of all, to echo what Hektik said - well done to the VKI op who kept a cool head throughout the incident and by all accounts did an excellent job in what would have to be very stressful circumstances for all involved. I hope he gets a pat on the back as well :)

Cheers,

It is very dark.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

*whoa* i watched that video-if i hadnt of seen it replied from different angles in slow motion i wouldve been like are you seroius O.o

jmmw wrote:In the perfect world the officer would have had access to a taser and would have had time to decide to utilise it.

I think the officer was right in using his gun to defend himself and i can definately understand how he would have let off 4 shots, with a semi-automatic it takes about a second and a half to let 4 shots off, in the middle of a life & death situation you really don't think to let off one shot then check the offender then let off another. During that second and a half you couldnt care less about the offender because in the last 5 seconds the offender has charged your partner, your partners falling backwards into a pool and now hes after you!

Check this video out alot more then 4 shots are fired and here none of the officers have a knife in their shoulder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKmQFu8xiTM
Kanye

Post by Kanye »

Walks wrote:
I have removed my quote to care for your sensitive side Kayne.

{REMOVED BY WALKS}

Walks.
Instead of being concerned about my sensitive side little buddy, perhaps you should be actually be feeling some relief at not being directly quoted.

Seen todays West?
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

Kanye wrote:Seen todays West?
Yes it's terrible isn't it.

The Health Dept is pulling sponsorship just because fast foods outlets sponsor it too.

Terrible.

Abuse me all you want.....I ain't gonna bite :wink:

I participate on this site because:

1. My comments are just that, mine NOT WAP's.
2. People here discuss incidents that I attend. The small amount of info I give provides some kind of 'closure' to their scanner listening.

As for being quoted in the media, there are far more disturbing posts on other public forums than mine....take off the rose coloured glasses and have a look around. Maybe you can hound them too.

End of story. Time to get the keys out Mods.

Walks.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

Guys I think everyone will have to agree to disagree. As walks has said his opinions do not reflect those of WAPOL and he is like all members entitaled to his views. I think part of the problem here is members not respecting each others views and are therefore atacking each other instead of expressing there views properly. I dont't believe any person deserves to die but in this case the officer reacted the way he thought was best at the time. When he looks back at the situation perhaps he might think that he could have handled the situation differntly. Unless any members can add soemthing new without attacking members I feel as this topic could be locked.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zebedee »

I'm not going to lock the topic just because some people can't play nicely.

For those who feel they can have a mature, sensible discussion without having a go at other forum members, please feel free to continue.

However I'll simply remove posts that I feel are flame-bait, abusive, or otherwise disagreeable.

Cheers,

It is very dark.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

flibble?
imacop

Post by imacop »

has there been an official word from WAPOL regarding the shooting yet?