Police Shooting Floreat Officer Stabbed

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

BLiNG

Post by BLiNG »

I thought there was a pursuit.

Oh well, the offender got what he deserved didn't he. I hope the officer is doing well.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Hope the officer makes a full and speedy recovery.
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
FlashPoint

Post by FlashPoint »

Oh well, the offender got what he deserved didn't he
I really dont see how the offender deserved too be killed, We have a judicial system for a reason.
Anyways I hope the officer gets well soon and the officer that did the shooting gets what he/she deserves, and it's not a pat on the back. :smt068

This is not too start an argument about weather it was justified, just my lil old opinion
FlashPoint
Magic Smoke, Magic Smoke - Ohh it escaped
  ▲
▲ ▲
Bungarra

Post by Bungarra »

[/quote]

Anyways I hope the officer gets well soon and the officer that did the shooting gets what he/she deserves, and it's not a pat on the back.
[/quote]

Split second to make a decision, not a choice I would want to have to make. The POI should have thought about what the consequences would be. He placed the bet and lost.
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

FlashPoint wrote:
Oh well, the offender got what he deserved didn't he
I really dont see how the offender deserved too be killed, We have a judicial system for a reason.
**Edited to care for the sensitive people on this site**
FlashPoint wrote:Anyways I hope the officer gets well soon and the officer that did the shooting gets what he/she deserves.,and it's not a pat on the back. :smt068
Split second decision when someone armed is stabbing you????? two in the chest in anyones books.
FlashPoint wrote:This is not too start an argument about weather it was justified, just my lil old opinion
An opinion made with no facts to back it up. Of course it's gonna start a fight.

Walks.
Last edited by Walks on Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
HEKTIK
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by HEKTIK »

Is a vehicle failing to stop automatically considered a pursuit?
Perth Online Police Scanner

http://waix.net:8000

RIP
thrill of the Chase

Post by thrill of the Chase »

the loss of any life is tragic no matter the reason

i think we should cool our heels a little until all the facts come out

1. what was the reason for the chase

2. the mental state of the of all concerned

3. besides the obvious reason why was a firearm discharged

it also just builds my case for Tazzzzzzzer's to be standard for all officers

remember a large number of these tragic events grow from domestics
and let anyone here who has not had a domestic of anytype stand now so we can see what perfect is.

on the other case if the victim of the shooting was attacking the officer and not trying to flee (eg if he went out of his way to commit the act of stabbing) then its cause and effect.

please just remember that every person sees things through their own eyes, and they have the right to voice it

now i will get off my soap box

thank you
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

Sad start to the year so far 4 deaths in the one week as a result of firearms. Only one of those deaths had a valid reason an officer using it to prevent himself and possibly others from being killed. We in WA are quite lucky this would have to be one of the first fatal shooting from a poilce officer in the line of duty that I can remember. Just about every year you hear atleast once on the news about fatal police shootings in other states We are lucky that we have some of the best trained police in the world in my opinion.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

HEKTIK wrote:Is a vehicle failing to stop automatically considered a pursuit?
No its not considered a pursuit - unless the permission to engage has been permitted by the Radio Supervisor - so i heard anyway....
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
MDJL

Post by MDJL »

thrill of the Chase wrote: it also just builds my case for Tazzzzzzzer's to be standard for all officers

thank you
Tazer vs Knife.. I don't think so.. Tazer's certainly have their place but are no replacement to lethal force.. Someone comes at you with a knife they are trying to do serious harm or kill you.. Firearm's are totally justified and should be PRIMARY option..

As for the comments re the officer gets what he deserves.. Grow Up. He deserves a medal.. Someone has just stabbed him/his partner and he/she reacted accordingly.
thrill of the Chase

Post by thrill of the Chase »

Tazer vs Knife.. I don't think so.. Tazer's certainly have their place but are no replacement to lethal force.. Someone comes at you with a knife they are trying to do serious harm or kill you.. Firearm's are totally justified and should be PRIMARY option..

what is the difference of pulling a glock from your holster and releasing a round into an offender

and pulling your tazzer from your holster and shooting two barbs connected to cables into an offender

there are several styles of tazzers the unit i am talking about is used the same way as a firearm

i am not sure of the max distance the cables reach but for it to be currently used around the world they must be determined to be safe

Just my 5cents worth

But i respect your point of view
Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

thrill of the Chase wrote:Tazer vs Knife.. I don't think so.. Tazer's certainly have their place but are no replacement to lethal force.. Someone comes at you with a knife they are trying to do serious harm or kill you.. Firearm's are totally justified and should be PRIMARY option..

what is the difference of pulling a glock from your holster and releasing a round into an offender

and pulling your tazzer from your holster and shooting two barbs connected to cables into an offender

there are several styles of tazzers the unit i am talking about is used the same way as a firearm

i am not sure of the max distance the cables reach but for it to be currently used around the world they must be determined to be safe

Just my 5cents worth

But i respect your point of view
Tazers have a hjgh failure rate, either they dont discharge or the barbs dont hit the right spot. Not a risk I would like to take after being stabbed. In this scenario the officer did exactly the right thing. I hope he gets a medal.

I would not say the offender deserved it but he made the choice to try and stab the officers and he got himself killed as a result. Rather him dead than the officer any day of the week.

I hope this does not turn into a thread where so called experts come on and say what they think should have happened and critisize a descision that an officer had 2 seconds to make.
BLiNG

Post by BLiNG »

There are some bloody naive people out there!

The only question that should be asked is... "did the officer fear for his life?" Yes? Bang. Offender dead. End of story to me.

Sure an investigation is warranted, and the truth will come out. But I don't think anyone on this forum would honestly say "If I got stabbed in the arm or shoulder I wouldn't be fearing for my life" and you would only be lying to yourself if you did.

I don't think a fight is needed. Time and time again the same thing is said and that is picture yourself in that officer's shoes. Would you really be arguing a tazer is a better idea? Pfft. Hell no. You know it, we know it.

MEH!
ryno

Post by ryno »

Last edited by ryno on Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Robo wrote:I would not say the offender deserved it but he made the choice to try and stab the officers and he got himself killed as a result. Rather him dead than the officer any day of the week.
Of course the ideal situation is that nobody's dead, but there are times and circumstances where that's just not possible. By the sounds of it, this was unfortunately one of those times...

I think saying the baddie "deserved it" is a little on the harsh side, but I can understand the sentiment. I'd just word it more along the lines of "the baddie faced the consequences of his actions."
Robo wrote:I hope this does not turn into a thread where so called experts come on and say what they think should have happened and critisize a descision that an officer had 2 seconds to make.
There's always going to be so-called experts, and second guessers (unfortunately). However hopefully there's cooler heads on the investigating team, who have access to all the relevant info and can come to a decision based on the facts rather than guesswork, supposition and opinion.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.