channel nine news

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

brad_88

Post by brad_88 »

not if the dogs had the chop
dave
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dave »

[quote="Tom]
It's been a while but I'm pretty sure a member of the public has the right to see an officers identification on demand.[/quote]

i remember a while aga there was an incident where some africans felt they were being victimioed by police, they also stated in there story(published in The West) that the plain clothes officers refused to show there ID after being placed in there vehicle. It also said that a senior police officer stated that a police officer is NOT required to show there ID though it is obviously encouraged that they do.

I am sure one of the coppers that browse thes forums can either confirm or deny this
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

dave wrote: It also said that a senior police officer stated that a police officer is NOT required to show there ID though it is obviously encouraged that they do.
They're not required to. Basically put, they have rights, responsibilities and abilities by being a police officer, not by proving that they are.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Hm681

Post by Hm681 »

mmm go to c i started a form up... lolol hi vi said wa police service on it and blue light well probly wasnt even blue ligh..prbly tourch lolol did that women get money 4 her story
Steve
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Steve »

It's most unlikely a TV station would have paid money for a story like that. 'Exclusive' does not mean 'we paid someone for their interview' and in this case, it's just not a story worth paying for - in fact, TV networks very, very rarely hand over money in these instances.

That said, impersonating a police officer is a serious offence and I imagine the police would take something like this seriously. Crimes (robbery, assault) have been committed by people obtaining access to premises and people by claiming they're police.

While most of the people on this forum have an excellent awareness of police procedures and vehicles and could spot a fake cop from a mile away, we're in the minority. A serious offence has been alleged here - it's not unreasonable for the media to report it. It could help catch the offender.
Hm681

Post by Hm681 »

they never caught the poi. but i heard that a police hi vis was stolen out of NC201 after going to 329 in joondalup
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

The motorola antennas on the parcel shelf is a dead giveaway for the BCI guys too!
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

godinoz wrote:I remember a case in Rockingham a few years ago when a fella asked an off duty police officer for id. The officer didn't have to present it cause the law says that you must believe his word. the guy ended up in rocko court and was convicted.
Mind you everytime i've been pulled over (RBT or to be spoken to) by plain clothes police they always id themselves and its not to hard to tell that they are legit. Even the BCI boys stand out like dogs balls

Other BCI guys and the more observant will know what I mean. I'll add a link to an image. We spray them black to be less noticable.

http://www.motorola.com/governmentanden ... ae4003.jpg
thrill of the Chase

Post by thrill of the Chase »

BCI :?
Whiskey1Urgent

Post by Whiskey1Urgent »

thrill of the Chase wrote:BCI :?
Mind you, that's only the BCI guys that you can see.. Worry about the other ones that you CANT see...

:shock:
"Our speed is one eight zero, no problems at this stage..." - Whiskey One, Suburbs of Perth - 1996