Ram Raiders..

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

radiohead wrote:showing off to a group of 'indigenous' outside red rooster. The guy driving it then had a mega aphro
:smt043
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

I heard VKI say they had just had a phone call from a female complainant stating exactly what you had just said - less than a minute from when you rang I reckon. Well done Radiohead :smt038
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by radiohead »

Hehe cheers Chicky :smt002 Yeh I thought the call taker lady put the job thru super fast hey!
><((((º>··`·...·`·...·`··><((((º>
Whiskey1Urgent

Post by Whiskey1Urgent »

radiohead wrote:The UQ car that first spotted the hot Monaro actually said they sighted it on Sevenoaks St near the train station.
I was on my way home heading down Albany Hwy thru Cannington and I saw the Monaro hurtin along Albany Hwy so I rang the Police to tell them I'd just seen the car. Funny thing is, while I was on the phone to the lady at PAC the car thrashed past us again with the headlights off. Further up the road I saw a CD (507 maybe) car waiting to turn onto Albany Hwy but it looked as if they were deciding which way to turn onto the highway (they didn't know at the time where the Monaro was) but they made the right guess and headed south :smt045
A few seconds after this VKI said about the car being seen going south on Albany Hwy.
Oh yeh, I saw that same Monaro doing donuts in Gosnells at about 8.30pm earlier that night showing off to a group of 'indigenous' outside red rooster. The guy driving it then had a mega aphro :smt042
Next time it happens, it might be a hell of a lot quicker to ring 000 instead of going thru to the PAC... The 000 operator can shout the information across the room where as PAC put a CAD task on and it could take upto two-three minutes for it to be read out, depending on the operator on the console.. :cry:
"Our speed is one eight zero, no problems at this stage..." - Whiskey One, Suburbs of Perth - 1996
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

GC101 wrote:really have to consider how serious the crime is that your chasing the person for, a simple fail to stop for a minor traffic breach vs chasing a wanted murderer....
How do you tell what the offence is that they have committed when they haven't stopped.... Yes they may have just run a stop sign infront of you but that maybe just because he has killed someone and you don't know about it. or maybe the car is stolen but not yet reported........

This arguement comes up monthly.... Over it......
"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got"
radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by radiohead »

Ok sorry Whiskey1 :smt090
If anything like this comes up again I'll know what to do next time..
><((((º>··`·...·`·...·`··><((((º>
Whiskey1Urgent

Post by Whiskey1Urgent »

Ludacris wrote:
GC101 wrote:really have to consider how serious the crime is that your chasing the person for, a simple fail to stop for a minor traffic breach vs chasing a wanted murderer....
How do you tell what the offence is that they have committed when they haven't stopped.... Yes they may have just run a stop sign infront of you but that maybe just because he has killed someone and you don't know about it. or maybe the car is stolen but not yet reported........

You don't know - you never know so hence the reason of the chase.. More than once, criminals wanted for serious offences have been caught by the simple unrelated traffic stop.. The only people (and I apologise if I put anyone offside when I say this) but the only people who complain about pursuits are crooks or relatives of crooks as they want to blame someone else for their actions instead of looking in the mirror.. It's a very, very small percentage of pursuits in this state that end in a crash and even a smaller percentage result in a crash involving an innocent member of the public.. :roll:

Excuse me now while I just step off my soapbox.... :lol:

Something to think about guys and gals..
"Our speed is one eight zero, no problems at this stage..." - Whiskey One, Suburbs of Perth - 1996
Whiskey1Urgent

Post by Whiskey1Urgent »

radiohead wrote:Ok sorry Whiskey1 :smt090
If anything like this comes up again I'll know what to do next time..
Don't apologise, you weren't to know... SMV's are kinda my thing if you lot couldn't tell....
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

Whiskey1Urgent wrote:
Ludacris wrote:

You don't know - you never know so hence the reason of the chase.. More than once, criminals wanted for serious offences have been caught by the simple unrelated traffic stop.. The only people (and I apologise if I put anyone offside when I say this) but the only people who complain about pursuits are crooks or relatives of crooks as they want to blame someone else for their actions instead of looking in the mirror.. It's a very, very small percentage of pursuits in this state that end in a crash and even a smaller percentage result in a crash involving an innocent member of the public.. :roll:

Excuse me now while I just step off my soapbox.... :lol:

Something to think about guys and gals..
That was my point I was trying to make.... You never just never know.
"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got"
Whiskey1Urgent

Post by Whiskey1Urgent »

Yeah, sorry Ludacris, I was agreeing with you.. Grabbed the wrong quote..

:oops:
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Whiskey1Urgent wrote:ring 000 instead of going thru to the PAC...
I often wondered if that would be "ok"? Its not exactly a life threatening emergency but do they make exceptions?
Whiskey1Urgent

Post by Whiskey1Urgent »

Turbo wrote:
Whiskey1Urgent wrote:ring 000 instead of going thru to the PAC...
I often wondered if that would be "ok"? Its not exactly a life threatening emergency but do they make exceptions?

It's all time, place and circumstance... Ringing 000 for some twit doing burnouts up and down the street ain't an emergency, but if you've just seen a stolen motor that police have just literally been engaging in a pursuit, then time is of the essence.. My advice just to be damned sure it's the right car, as there's nothing worse than blasting off after a car and it turns out to be the wrong one :?

I think the other lads would agree with me on that wholeheartedly..
marcp

Post by marcp »

Need some clarification on use of 000 please!

In the UK police, we told people we turned up to jobs at to dial 999 if it was a life or death situation, a crime was being committed then and there or the offender was still on scene in order to facilitate the job being put through quickly and marked as a Grade 1. I was sent to a couple of shop robberies where they had called us up on the non emergency number even though people were in the store helping themselves to stock!

Is it the same principle re use of emergency number here?
Whiskey1Urgent

Post by Whiskey1Urgent »

marcp wrote:Need some clarification on use of 000 please!

In the UK police, we told people we turned up to jobs at to dial 999 if it was a life or death situation, a crime was being committed then and there or the offender was still on scene in order to facilitate the job being put through quickly and marked as a Grade 1. I was sent to a couple of shop robberies where they had called us up on the non emergency number even though people were in the store helping themselves to stock!

Is it the same principle re use of emergency number here?
Basically...... :idea:
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

marcp wrote:Need some clarification on use of 000 please!

In the UK police, we told people we turned up to jobs at to dial 999 if it was a life or death situation, a crime was being committed then and there or the offender was still on scene in order to facilitate the job being put through quickly and marked as a Grade 1.
Also call 000 if there is serious risk of damage to property (fire).

I'd rather get scolded for calling 000 in a situation that turns out not to be an emergency than to either not report it or report it to the general number.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr