The Friday and Saturday Night Thread

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

dave
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dave »

jmmw wrote:i doubt that had any racial basis what so ever, like typing lol or poi simply easier
i don't think JG103 meant that doogues was being racist,although the word "abos" might be interpretated as being racist by some people and it may save any racial war of words if we write words correctly relating to peoples culture or beliefs in the future

...just my thought
Last edited by dave on Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

exactly dave
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

UQ102 asked by council ranger put down a "distressed and badly injured cat" in parkwood (job code 347)

EDIT: cat was mauled by dog
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

apologies to JG-103 i didnt mean to accuse you of accusing doogues of being racist i simply wanted to make sure the vigilantes didnt start attacking :P
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Its ok jmmw, i didnt think it had any racial basis either, but as dave said, it may be interpreted as being racist and i think its best not to abbreviate it.

Its most likely the same reason why you dont hear the police operators abbreviate it either.
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

No I wasn't being racist at all it was just easier to abbreviate it.As I am not the best speller here.I am sorry if it did offend anyone.
Kinetic
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kinetic »

doogues71 wrote:No I wasn't being racist at all it was just easier to abbreviate it.As I am not the best speller here.I am sorry if it did offend anyone.
You shouldn't give a toss if you did offend anyone. Abo's is hardly nasty.

Talk about political correctness gone mad if you can't even say Abo's without a bunch of whiny PC nazi's having a fit.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

hahahahahahahaha

Political Correction can be frustrating
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Kinetic wrote: Talk about political correctness gone mad if you can't even say Abo's without a bunch of whiny PC nazi's having a fit.
:smt042 id like to watch you call aboriginals down here in kwinana abos, you wont last long :?

Have you ever considered that there could be some aboriginal warsug members on here
Froggles

Post by Froggles »

This is getting severly off topic. How about we just leave this thread to events that happen on Friday and Saturday Night.

Just a suggestion.
TheDoc
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by TheDoc »

JG-103 wrote:
Kinetic wrote: Talk about political correctness gone mad if you can't even say Abo's without a bunch of whiny PC nazi's having a fit.
:smt042 id like to watch you call aboriginals down here in kwinana abos, you wont last long :?

Have you ever considered that there could be some aboriginal warsug members on here

I can strongly agree with JG-103 i wouldn't be caught dead saying that word down there :shock:
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

So we can get back to the purpose of the topic, here's the official story:

I realise that the original use of the word was simply an abbreviation and there was nothing bad intended by it however to avoid someone mis-reading and taking offence, I'm asking everyone to not use the abbreviation in future.

I'm as anti-PC as the next guy, but history has shown on this forum that if it's possible to take what someone's written the wrong way - you can bet that somebody will.

If someone wants to discuss this further, please feel free to send a private message to an admin or moderator. However this thread isn't the place or the time for that discussion.

Thanks!
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

hold-ups balga and balcatta
Kanye

Post by Kanye »

POST REMOVED BY AN ADMIN. Which part of "this thread isn't the place or the time for that discussion." was hard to understand??
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

that conversation was finished ages ago