Industrial Action

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

gkoutlis wrote:Any photo's anyone to post here?
There's a black and white photo of the banner in "Inside Cover" of today's West Australian, with a small write-up.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Zebedee wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:Any photo's anyone to post here?
There's a black and white photo of the banner in "Inside Cover" of today's West Australian, with a small write-up.
Cheers Zeb thanks mate -

And since my flight school is right next door, i will try and get a sneak peak.... ;)
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Bungarra

Post by Bungarra »

Just recieved this today...

Thank you for your email regarding our police officers and the current pay negotiations. The Premier has asked me to reply to you on his behalf.

It has taken too long for our officers, who do a great job for the community, to receive a pay increase.

Despite improvements to the offer made by WA Police and asking the Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission (WAIRC) to help with negotiations, talks unfortunately stalled. We have now moved into formal arbitration which will allow the independent umpire, the WAIRC, to decide what future pay and conditions police officers will work under.

It has been very frustrating but unfortunately the Police Union has not been willing to compromise from its ambit claim which would add about $600million to the police operating budget over the next three years.

The State Government values our police men and women and the work they do for every member of the community. There is no argument they have a difficult and dangerous job and deserve a good pay rise.

We are continuing to work to see hard working frontline police officers receive a good pay rise as soon as possible.

The Labor Government has already boosted the police budget by more than 60% since 2001. This means WA Police are now better resourced than ever before. Giving Western Australians the best possible police service remains our top priority.

Thank you for taking the time to forward your views on this important issue of rewarding our police officers for the work they do to protect the community.

Yours sincerely,

Rita Saffioti
CHIEF OF STAFF
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

in english wats this mean?

chris
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

chrissss wrote:in english wats this mean?

chris
In simple terms that theres no way in hell that the government will fork out the money for a pay rise. If the union wants to keep pushing for a pay rise the WAIRC which is run by the government WILL back us up and say no to the pay rise dispute. The person who wrote the email did so as requested by the premier because he could not be stuffed to do it himself. One last thing if you want to continue your support for this dispute please note you will probably have to pay more taxes as it will cost us an extra $600million.
I dont think I have missed anything out. They must have sent the same email to everyone who took the effort to write in to them as I received the exact same email today.
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Last edited by Cloverfield on Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Styles can be applied quickly to selected text! meh!
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

If you think politicians actually write letters themselves, you are sadly misinformed Donga! Why else do you think they have staff?

One thing Rita does say in that letter is important - and is a huge failing as far as the term NEGOTIATION is concerned.. If both sides go into something like this with a position they are not willing to sway from in any way, then you're never going to get anywhere. Good negotiators sit down and determine what they can bargain on, and what they absolutely cant.. no point going in unwilling to shift on anything, because you never get anywhere and always end up disappointed.

As far as the WAIRC is concerned, its job is to be independent.. that is why it has been referred there.. much the same as the courts - the government has no say on the decision making process within the IRC.

And a note before I get flamed - I'm not saying the Police do NOT deserve a payrise - I'm just playing the devils advocate and saying that BOTH sides are equally to blame for the lack of any 'negotiation' and where this has ended up...
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

Awk@night wrote:You know I got no email back.... Must have been the un West Australian comment!!!
I used the template you provided and it had the same comment on iy yet I still got a response may be they have recieved lots and will take awhile to send all the replies back.
orac68

Post by orac68 »

I got an email from them as well
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Last edited by Cloverfield on Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

Fastlane wrote:One thing Rita does say in that letter is important - and is a huge failing as far as the term NEGOTIATION is concerned.. If both sides go into something like this with a position they are not willing to sway from in any way, then you're never going to get anywhere. Good negotiators sit down and determine what they can bargain on, and what they absolutely cant.. no point going in unwilling to shift on anything, because you never get anywhere and always end up disappointed.
Seeing as Mr KOLBELKE did NOT turn up to ANY of the scheduled meetings with the Police Union thats a bit rich coming from their office. The Govt only sent 'lackies' who had no power of negotiation and so talks failed.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

Last edited by Cloverfield on Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

I also received a reply. Looks the same as Bungarra's.
Kinetic
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kinetic »

Awk@night wrote:You know I got no email back.... Must have been the un West Australian comment!!!
Either did I - I think it was the 'tight-arse' comment in mine :)
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

Same - nothing heard :?
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)