polair down again

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

polair down again

Post by Cloverfield »

Anyone know whats up, or is for servicing?
Styles can be applied quickly to selected text! meh!
gkoutlis

Re: polair down again

Post by gkoutlis »

Last edited by gkoutlis on Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Cloverfield
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Cloverfield »

gkoutlis wrote:
Awk@night wrote:Anyone know whats up, or is for servicing?
I'm a local student pilot down at Jandakot - and will confirm this in a few days for you - Not very happy as Polair had a major engine over haul in Japan....

But my sources so far tell me its in for its 100 hourly - which is a regular maintenance - but bit confused as I too heard Polair 61 was grounded for at least 2-3 weeks :shock:

i'll let ya's know...

Cheers
G 8)
Thanks, I thought that it had a major ovahaul a while back, but thought it was not getting serviced in Japan... Anyhow thanks!
Styles can be applied quickly to selected text! meh!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Last edited by gkoutlis on Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
dave
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dave »

In the sunday times, they have reported that Polair will defintly be gone for more than a month.

Police are also complaining that while the chopper is down they can't use SJA's chopper, but SJA can use Polair when theirs is down.

Read Pg. 18, The Sunday Times, for full story
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

dave wrote:In the sunday times, they have reported that Polair will defintly be gone for more than a month.

Police are also complaining that while the chopper is down they can't use SJA's chopper, but SJA can use Polair when theirs is down.

The chopper is FESA's, not SJA's..
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

So is pol air up and running now because my mate recon he saw it the other night with its spotties on but i told him that it couldnt have been cause pol air was down still.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

That was Rescue65......Polair61 still in bits.
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

dave wrote:In the sunday times, they have reported that Polair will defintly be gone for more than a month.

Another story a couple of pages before this one about the usual "red tape" crap when it comes to getting rescue 65 off the ground for a job.
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

How about the Government backing financially a 2nd polair chopper fully equipped...

Or leasing a 2nd chopper available for special events/busy periods and as a back up for when polair 61 is grounded...

An expensive exercise I know but hey, we got good budgets and a hot resource driven boom time also for the govt. coffers right now...
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

westernwedgey wrote:How about the Government backing financially a 2nd polair chopper fully equipped...

Or leasing a 2nd chopper available for special events/busy periods and as a back up for when polair 61 is grounded...

An expensive exercise I know but hey, we got good budgets and a hot resource driven boom time also for the govt. coffers right now...
Yep! the size of this BIG state I'm sure it would come in handy, perhaps even sent to other regions at certain times of the year??
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Certainly makes sense.. even when the RAC Chopper is offline for maintenance, they have a backup machine lined up.. why should the police chopper be any different!?

(well, I guess one difference is that WAPOL owns their aircraft, whereas RAC Rescue 1 is leased...)
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Might have something to do with the fact of they have the Fixed wings also ?
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

True but when it comes to the pros and cons of a chopper v fixed wing, a chopper is much better for the majority of the jobs it does, i reckon there should be another pol air chopper but i doubt we'll get one anytime soon. Thanks Always RX
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

I did get a little excited when I saw a blue chopper hovering over my house yesterday - but ho hum it was only the Channel 9 chopper :(
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)