Spate of Armed Holdups in the South East Metro Area

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

gkoutlis

Spate of Armed Holdups in the South East Metro Area

Post by gkoutlis »

All,

I have been listening to Channel 8 - 468.0250 - There have been a series of Armed Holdups etc happening around Bentley, Curtin University, - Victoria Park McMillian Street.

Polair One is in the area of Curtin University - where i work, and are keeping an eye out for this group.

Alot of cars are out to these separate incidents, and VKI even called in backup from Claremont and Fremantle.

Police now- 21:31pm - are checking out the lake of Curtin University and Beazly Drive.

Intense nite, peoples, if you can please keep me posted.
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Short pursuit on Freo channel around 2300 with outstanding yellow Holden Monaro.

Didn't hear what was chasing it, as I only tuned in when it was all over.

Guess it will pop up again sometime tonight Southside.

GC111 and GE102 both went over to ch8 earlier tonight.

rgds

Tom
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Roger that Tom - I too heard that.

Things again got tense - around 10:30 - across the road from where i work and in my car park of Curtin university. It was on the news this morning on the Radio.

Guys keep an ear out on Channel 8 cause these guys are still at large and Police can confirm one of the 4 suspects has a hand gun. So if you hear anything relating to this - please let me know

Great work though Tom - welcome on board.
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

There was a similar incident Tue night on the corner of Manning and Kent St. Two cars and K9 were dispatched but nothing found if I remember right. Its just down the road from where I live and I was at KFC about 15 mins prior :wink:
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Roger that nachoman,

I work at Curtin, when i was about to go home - when i heard on Channel 8 that there was a group causing trouble - aparantly one of them had a hand gun - i have now found out from Kensington Police and Curtin Security, that this group was responsible for the recent armed hold ups around vic park and the carpark of Curtin University.

So - they still haven't found them, and no doubt i think they will strike again - and tonites Halloween, even though its not the 31st because they always do the run around on a Friday nite - (Not sure if this is true, but guys feel free to correct me.)

So i suppose i will keep an ear out for this mob - and hope the Police catch them soon.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Guys - yet again the same group - has been a pain in the back side - with reports of further incidents happening in Curtin University during the evening of Friday - Midnight Saturday and again last night.

5 Cars responded to Curtin Uni last night, with the same offenders, targetting the Student housing just across the road from Curtin.

Also in Cloister Avenue Manning - 5 Agrivated Home Burgs occured within 15 minutes of each other - An elderly lady was traumatized, when one of the group members smashed there way into her home, covering her mouth and stealling what little money she had.

This is a cruel and cowardly attack - and unfortunatley, the K9 unit, UQ and JK units, were unable to catch them - Police were investigating the first burg when just 5 minutes, the house across the road got done as well. This went well into Midnight.

This is a developing incident, and will keep you all informed.
radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by radiohead »

Don't forget this one too...

AT least two gangs are believed to have been involved in a series of ram raids in Perth.
Would-be thieves smashed a vehicle into the front of a shop in Malaga, in Perth's north, about 4am today, but apparently escaped empty handed.
Thirty minutes later, ram raiders hit a delicatessen in nearby Dianella, but were unable to remove the cash register.
Detectives are investigating possible links between the two northern suburbs incidents.
Meanwhile around 3am, an air-conditioning shop in south suburban Myaree was targeted by ram raiders, but police said it appeared that little of value was stolen.
About 40 minutes later, a fast-food outlet at Coolingup was also raided, but once again the thieves were foiled because they could not break open a safe. A vehicle believed to have been used in both southern suburb raids was dumped and set alight in Coolingup.

..And so finally they gave up their rampage.. :roll:
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

radiohead,

I am pretty sure, the ones responsible for the Bentley Armed Hold ups are not the result from the Ram Raiders.

I didn't hear this one, cause my Dianella channel doesn't sound as clear as i would like it to - especially from South Perth.

So the group is still at large, and plain clothed police officers have been stationed to patrol on foot tonight at curtin and the student housing.
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

So the group is still at large, and plain clothed police officers have been stationed to patrol on foot tonight at curtin and the student housing.
Not sure where you got this info from, but if you have something to do with the security at Curtin then its probably not he brightest thing to post on a public forum......
I am pretty sure, the ones responsible for the Bentley Armed Hold ups are not the result from the Ram Raiders.
Thats a big call......
radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by radiohead »

Where did I say I thought they were the same group? :?:
I didn't think it was worth starting a new topic over and I noticed other people have posted messages in here not specific to the hold-ups..

My final comment is merely my observation of the fact that they did a helluva lot of ramming and not much raiding... :P
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Point taken radiohead. No worries
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Would-be thieves pick karate expert
November 01, 2005

TWO would-be thieves chose the wrong target when they unwittingly honed in on a karate expert in Perth.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,17 ... 45,00.html
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Good on him, deserves them right !!! JG103 :P
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Ludacris,

Like i said - i just work here, and they tell us to be on the look out - i am no security guard - i do apologise if i offended u
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

Hey, do didn't offend me at all, but just a little common sense maybe that publish these type of things after they happen. WAPOL have obviously set this up to try and catch these guys and the guys involved have probably put alot of effort into organising it...........
No problems in broadcasting it after it occurs........