the force

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

U dont hear too many chases that involve the spike strip, well i dont anyways.
kellie
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kellie »

Last edited by kellie on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yorky

Post by yorky »

yeah I think the issue there is being able to get a car ahead of the chase, that has a strip, most chases I hear are aborted or crashed/pulled over before anyone can get ahead :cry:
brad_88

Post by brad_88 »

did anybody used to watch a show that used to be on every monday night on access 31? it was called polair 61. it was so good it used to just show footage of pursuits and all the usual stuff. it used to be on in like 2001
kellie
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kellie »

Last edited by kellie on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beachie

Post by Beachie »

THE FORCE, BEHIND THE LINE - Also to be shown on GWN for all us Country Bumpkins :D at 8pm Tuesday 22nd

"The battle for law and order begins as a double murderer is on the loose with a loaded gun and a hit list, Police raid the home of a suspected drug dealer, a dispute between two neighbours gets out of hand, and an identity crisis has police baffled. Hosted by SIMON REEVE."
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

Antt wrote:Hell yeah, looks awesome, cant wait to see it :P will we see any of our resident WARSUG members staring in the show??? WALKS CHEV????
Hope not....it will cost me a fortune in beer! :lol:

Walks.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
Antt
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Antt »

Yeah i heard you guys dont like seeing yourselves on TV- being in SES on the other hand we love seeing oursleves on TV, its like that small victory and knowing we have done something special :)
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

The Pilot of the show (1st episode) that was Filmed and pitched to the network was filmed with the Kalgoorlie Police. Most other episodes are filmed in the metro area however some country stuff will be featured.

I assume they will still use the Kal Police footage as the first episode.

The producers have indicated that if it rates well a second season will be filmed with WAPOL
BLiNG

Post by BLiNG »

Driving to petrol station an hour ago, drove past what I think was UQ101 with a FWD behind it carrying a camera crew. Traffic stop, camera crew got out with camera, mic etc.

Driving home short time later passed same vehicle with same camera crew, traffic stop with someone else.

:)
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

so now you have to watch your speed AND make sure you're presentable when driving?? :lol:
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

:D SMILE!!your on candid camera!! :D
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Driving to petrol station an hour ago, drove past what I think was UQ101 with a FWD behind it carrying a camera crew. Traffic stop, camera crew got out with camera, mic etc.
UQ101 didn't exsist, they start at UQ102-116.

Tom
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

There is a good little write up on what you can expect to see on The Force in this weeks The West Magazine.

You can find the magazine in the Saturday paper

Here is a snippet from the mag.

"The Force will include everything from the day-to-day grind of police work to hostage situations, major drug busts and even when the police have to call the Tactical Response Group to assist them in the most dangerous situations."[/quote]
BLiNG

Post by BLiNG »

Well it was UQ1xx - Holden Stationwagon.