VFRS Dedication Short Story

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

VFRS Dedication Short Story

Post by written_ficton »

Hi All,

Most of you will know that the name of my 'alias' could be noted at I like writing ficton stories. This is of course true, I like to dibble in the spare time / travelling that I do. Most of my work is for myself and probably never be published... however I think / should release one now.

Over the next couple of days, for those who wish I'll finish the short story titled "VFRS Dedication" and publish it online [knowing where to find a site that will host it]

Now I admit, I am not the worlds best spelling bee, or grammer expert as you will notice and the procedures probably won't tie in with the current FESA regualtions, but its Ficton, hence Perth isn't even used but some of the places are modelled....

“VFRS Dedication” Synopsis

It is the heart of summer, record temperatures are being broken daily. Pickering is on a high fire alert. Water restrictions are in place. Everything around is as dry as ever. Its bush fire season.
Station four is one of just two metropolitan volunteer fire and rescue service in the city of Pickering. Nestled deep in the western suburbs the station handled over two hundred calls last year, from car crashes, bush fires, house fires and backing up the career stations in incidents. Such action saw Station four to become the third busiest volunteer station in the country.
On a Friday public holiday the temperature is already at 45 degrees at only 10am, the crew of station four are at full capacity strength and are milling around the fire house when a call comes through. Nearby memorial park has been set alight and spreading quickly to threaten homes.
It’s a race against time to bring the rapidly out – of – control fire under control before anything serious happens. Can these highly decorated fire – fighters bring the raging fire under control?
Last edited by written_ficton on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've closed the door!
colin
150+ posts
150+ posts
Amateur callsign: VK6FITN
Scanners and Receivers: RTL2832U with RTL_Airband
Tait 8200

Re: VFRS Dedication Short Story

Post by colin »

Can't wait to see how this unfolds.

Perhaps the moderators here could set up an area for prose - both fiction, and anacdotal accounts of incidents?

No writer myself, but i enjoy a good read.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Does anyone know of a good file sharing online host?
I've closed the door!
xli

Post by xli »

If its for hosting your story, then you could consider http://www.scribd.com/. As far as I'm aware it's free to upload, and anyone can view it free and without registering.

I've never actually tried it though.. In any case, look forward to reading your story once its available :)
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

xli wrote:If its for hosting your story, then you could consider http://www.scribd.com/. As far as I'm aware it's free to upload, and anyone can view it free and without registering.

I've never actually tried it though.. In any case, look forward to reading your story once its available :)
It's nearly there...
I've closed the door!