WAPOL MIGs axed

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

gkoutlis

WAPOL MIGs axed

Post by gkoutlis »

Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, considering the group did an awesome job while they were around....

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... 61,00.html

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: WAPOL MIGs axed

Post by Walks »

Tis' a sad day.

Happened to IPG and they were reborn a few years later as ROG.

Let's wait and see

Walks.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
Froggles

Post by Froggles »

A sad day indeed.

Seems to be a popular theme in aussie police departments - Axing units only to reform them later when they finally realize that they were needed.

RIP MIG.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

WARSUG Public Transport Moderator
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

I agree.

Just like the TRG which won't be axed (thank God) - the MIGs had a massive role as well, and I think as a group you could always count on them when the incident would hit the fan....

Very disappointing that the government is shutting down vital depts down, and not on Government Personal Spending! :evil:

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.