Fishing

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Fishing

Post by BuddahFRS »

hey hey.

i have been really interested in fishing and have been going out lately. atm only been going to woodmans point on the jetty, and yeah its not to bad with little bait fish and some tailers

i am just wondering where there and any other hot spots, i mostly just catch and release, but yeah what somewhere where there is action.

thanks
----BUDDAH VFRS----
Bigfella78

Re: Fishing

Post by Bigfella78 »

Hey Buddah,

What sort of bait and set up do you use at woodmans point? heading there over easter and looking to do a spot of fishing myself.
A52

"Just because your paranoid doesn't mean their not following you"
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Now this is a great topic :D

Have you tried North Mole just to the end point where the Red Lighthouse is? With the bait that your using, I'd imagine you'd catch some nice Herrings, Garfish, possibly King George Whiting? Taylor is good out there too ... Another place to try, I know may be far, but Mindarie Keys - just opposite the Marina there, Whiting, Taylor, the odd Red Snapper - all from fishing from the rocks.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

I am sorry - but fishing is soooooo boring...

Whats the point of fishing for two hours, or something and not even getting a nibble.. There is far more interesting shots like indoor cricket, squash or something like that
I've closed the door!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

written_ficton wrote:I am sorry - but fishing is soooooo boring...

Whats the point of fishing for two hours, or something and not even getting a nibble.. There is far more interesting shots like indoor cricket, squash or something like that
So why spoil it for others who enjoy it then by writing your negative comments for? :roll: IF you find it boring ,you didn't really have to respond.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Well good post G:

Let me ask a different way - why do you like fishing so much?
I've closed the door!
Bigfella78

Post by Bigfella78 »

Well I'm taking some friends kids fishing in april at woodmans point. I just want them to have some fun and learn to enjoy fishing.. What bait would you recommend?
A52

BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

Bigfella78 wrote:Hey Buddah,

What sort of bait and set up do you use at woodmans point? heading there over easter and looking to do a spot of fishing myself.
i usually just use a gang hook setup, connected to a trace line, then to a float with a glow stick, and use mullies as bait and ya can get tailors there, right at sundown.
written_ficton wrote:I am sorry - but fishing is soooooo boring...

Fishing is just relaxing. if i don't feel like going to the pub for a few beers, i just pack up the fishing gear, get a 6 pack or two and head out fishing.
----BUDDAH VFRS----
Bigfella78

Post by Bigfella78 »

Thanks Buddah,

The Kids had a great time catching blowies.. managed to get a couple of tailor. Watched a guy pull in a massive octopus..

Liam
A52

BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

yeah at woodmans you can pretty much get it all, about 50 billion bait fish there, tailors, snappers, sharks, blowies, stingrays, port Jackson, octopus, squid, crabs, pretty much anything, just depends what you are after and when you are there.
----BUDDAH VFRS----
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

I fish there quite often, normally an abundance of whiting, scalie mackeral, skippy and basically any other bread and butter fish.
Have seen numerous sharks and rays caught there also.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

fishing is not about the catch but the journey to the catch

I agree with the previous poster, a few beers, turn on some music and enjoy the night. Best nights are hot summer nights :D.
CANT HEAR THE POLICE ANYMORE?
SEE THIS POST: http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4424
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

woobla1 wrote:fishing is not about the catch but the journey to the catch
well said!!
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter