Today's Teenagers

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Today's Teenagers

Post by written_ficton »

Does anyone think today’s generation of teenagers are complete morons? Show no respect to anyone, think that they know everything? [ebeit some are okay]?

After dealing with an incident last Friday night the descriptive language and attitude they showed a colleague and I is appalling...

Anyone else see this trend?
I've closed the door!
Nafenn

Re: Today's Teenagers

Post by Nafenn »

written_ficton wrote:
Does anyone think today’s generation of teenagers are complete morons? Show no respect to anyone, think that they know everything? [ebeit some are okay]?

After dealing with an incident last Friday night where youths with a presumed stolen moped where doing doeys around the lake / park the descriptive language and attitude they showed a colleague and I is appalling...

Anyone else see this trend?
Eh Hem *points to self*

lets be honest here... there are alot of teenagers who are absolute idiots, but most aren't too bad. people focous on the negatives waaaaaay too much. Adults can be right royal idiots aswell... dont you worry about that.

however, alot of my mates can be reall idiots when they want to be... knowing all and so on. :roll:
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

I'm still young myself, but I can;t remember being such an idiot

Complete lack of respective to anything, yet they think they know it all . own it all

World is their oyster?

ADMIN EDIT: A swear word is still a swear word, even if some letters are replaced by asterisks ;)
I've closed the door!
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

written_ficton wrote:
Absolutely not. I think that's an incredibly unfair generalisation and that in fact the reverse is true. I believe the vast majority of young people make a positive contribution to society, but it's the few idiots who are visible and give the rest a bad name.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
robbage
Amateur callsign: VK6UFO_VK6RN
Scanners and Receivers:  
Scanners/receivers
Diamond Welz WS1000 wideband handheld
Radioshack Pro 28 handheld
Uniden UBC72XLT handheld
Uniden UBC73XLT handheld
Uniden UBC330CRS desktop

Two-way
Yaesu VX-3R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wideband RX handheld
Yaesu FT-1802M 2m Ham TRX mobile x 2
Yaesu FT-7800R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-208H 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-706MKIIG all-band all-mode Ham TRX mobile
Icom IC-V85 2m VHF Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-679P VHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-713 UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld

Post by robbage »

Certainly the language gives the impression.. it wasn't like that when I were a lad
Personally I think society in general has degraded considerably, not just teenagers.
Rob
OF78WD
 Amateur moderator
Arguing with a fool proves there are two
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Out of curiosity: WF, do you know any teenagers personally?

or do you know the backgrounds of these kids - because i guarantee that if you look at their parents, it will be fairly clear who they learnt to behave that way from.
Nathan Fenn

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

I've got to agree with zebedee and Nafenn here.

I think the majority of people are ok, regardless of age, but some either haven't worked out how to be nice or have chosen not to.

Add to this that teenagers are going through some pretty big biological changes that muck around with brain chemistry and trying to work out what the world all means and there place in it, (I can remember, it wasn't that long ago) and they tend to stick out.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Nafenn wrote:Out of curiosity: WF, do you know any teenagers personally?

or do you know the backgrounds of these kids - because i guarantee that if you look at their parents, it will be fairly clear who they learnt to behave that way from.
Yes I know plenty of teenagers....

No I don't know these from Friday night - this was the first time I'd seen any.... From the location of the suburb we were in, you should expect a more level of maturity from these people....

Oh please dont get me wrong, their is always some sweet innocent teenagers around that slip under the radar and behave in line.... but its always a select few that bring these 'teenagers' in dispute, acting up, causing pains in the arse [that considered a swear word?] that get on the news all for the wrong reasons

P.S Nafeen, by saying do I know any teenagers thinking I'm old??? :shock: :shock: :shock: I'm still left side of 25thankyou! [-o< [-o<
I've closed the door!
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

written_ficton wrote:Yes I know plenty of teenagers....

No I don't know these from Friday night - this was the first time I'd seen any.... From the location of the suburb we were in, you should expect a more level of maturity from these people....

Oh please dont get me wrong, their is always some sweet innocent teenagers around that slip under the radar and behave in line.... but its always a select few that bring these 'teenagers' in dispute, acting up, causing pains in the arse [that considered a swear word?] that get on the news all for the wrong reasons

P.S Nafeen, by saying do I know any teenagers thinking I'm old??? :shock: :shock: :shock: I'm still left side of 25thankyou! [-o< [-o<
first of all... its NaFenn ;)

and i was meerly asking out of curiosity... so, these teenagers you know, idiots or not?

also... im the Left side of 20... i win XD
Nathan Fenn

WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Yep - the majority of them are ok... it's the few recalcitrants that make my job (where I work with kids) a difficult task.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Sorry NaFenn, I shall slap myself for getting your name incorrectly, I hope it doesnt happen again :twisted:

The teenagers I know are okay.... meaning they can be pains and they can be 'normal' which in line everyone can be! but.... the ones from Friday were complete idiots with no respect to anyone, the law, themselves, others + the general public
I've closed the door!
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

WPXZBP wrote:Yep - the majority of them are ok... it's the few recalcitrants that make my job (where I work with kids) a difficult task.
Exactly, most times teenagers + young adults cause me the most pain on Friday / Saturday nights.....

Its a bit hard to sort out when your the same age or younger than them!
I've closed the door!
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

written_ficton wrote:...but its always a select few that bring these 'teenagers' in dispute...
You've said it yourself. "FEW". It's an error in logic to then apply that standard of (mis)behaviour to the majority. It's what I would expect from our grubby tabloid gutter journalists who are only interested in sensationalising the so-called "story".
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Zebedee wrote:
written_ficton wrote:...but its always a select few that bring these 'teenagers' in dispute...
You've said it yourself. "FEW". It's an error in logic to then apply that standard of (mis)behaviour to the majority. It's what I would expect from our grubby tabloid gutter journalists who are only interested in sensationalising the so-called "story".
Yes its a few, this case it was 50 against two......

Its a shame, the 'good' teenagers never make it more often to the news than the 'badies'

Well, I'd guess this is media for you?
I've closed the door!
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

FYI - My previous post is not meant to harm the image of media at all...
I've closed the door!