just curious

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

Always RX

just curious

Post by Always RX »

I spend a bit of time driving on the freeway and have noticed a phenomena that has prompted me to ask the question... Do Australians living in New Zealand have GIANT stickers on the rear windows of thier cars that say things like COTTESLOE or MEEKATHARRA etc etc ???
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Re: just curious

Post by Tyranus »

HAHAHA yeah you're not the only one that's noticed it! I don't get the point of it...just like I don't get the point of having FORD or HOLDEN printed across the top of your rear windscreen...who cares what car you drive? If someone does then they'll look at the badge! Though still waiting for the stirer that drives a holden with FORD across the top or vice versa :P
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Tyranus wrote:HAHAHA yeah you're not the only one that's noticed it! I don't get the point of it...just like I don't get the point of having FORD or HOLDEN printed across the top of your rear windscreen...who cares what car you drive? If someone does then they'll look at the badge! Though still waiting for the stirer that drives a holden with FORD across the top or vice versa :P
Coming from someone that drives a Matiz.... :P *DUCK*
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Fastlane wrote:
Tyranus wrote:HAHAHA yeah you're not the only one that's noticed it! I don't get the point of it...just like I don't get the point of having FORD or HOLDEN printed across the top of your rear windscreen...who cares what car you drive? If someone does then they'll look at the badge! Though still waiting for the stirer that drives a holden with FORD across the top or vice versa :P
lol
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Fastlane wrote:
haha right shape, wrong type ;) I don't think they do Getz labels for some reason :roll: we should put TOYOTA across the top of our front windscreen's on the LT's and ISUZU on the 1.4's, 3.4's and 4.4's etc.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.