Ok, Now i'm pissed off!

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

Nafenn

Ok, Now i'm pissed off!

Post by Nafenn »

i was just sent a news article entitled:

'I'm not qualified to land,' pilot tells passengers

Now, after reading the article - which does fully explain the situation, i am still steaming given the title. To give a breif rundown: The pilot in command was unable to land in paris because of dence fog. The aircraft is able to, but the pilot did not have the required training to do this as he had recently transfered onto the newer aircraft.

Now, in Australia - i guarantee you that this has happened... because the Instrument Landing Systems in Australia are not rated for what is called Zero-Zero Visibility, where you cant see your hand infront of your face. They are only rated for a certain visibility (dont know the numbers, so im not going to quote it). Only pilots who are going to be flying to areas with landing systems that ARE rated for this will receive the training. So in a situation like that, the aircraft would have no choice but to return to somewhere where there is enough visibility to land legally.

*fuming*

/Rant
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Ok, Now i'm pissed off!

Post by Smithy »

what exactly is there to be pissed off at?
Last edited by Smithy on Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Smithy wrote:what exactly i there to be pissed off at?
The fact that they are making the pilot out as under-qualified.
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Nafenn wrote:
Smithy wrote:what exactly i there to be pissed off at?
The fact that they are making the pilot out as under-qualified.
Oh well. I'm sure with the right amount of counseling you will get over it. Then you will learn never to believe anything that the media says again.
Blinky
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Blinky »

I read it as the Pilot himself made the claim, so the media reported the facts this time (yes unusual I know). Probably the pissed off passenger missing the interview alerted the media. Otherwise it might not have been publicised.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those who do not.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

lol if your getting pissed off about this I hate to see you pissed off at something real. :D
CANT HEAR THE POLICE ANYMORE?
SEE THIS POST: http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4424