Attacks on Vollies

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

gkoutlis

Attacks on Vollies

Post by gkoutlis »

This is enough to make any Vollie's Blood boil...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24 ... 21,00.html
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Re: Attacks on Vollies

Post by Zebedee »

gkoutlis wrote:This is enough to make any Vollie's Blood boil...
One would hope that there would be arrests and some stiff penalties for things like this. Sadly that isn't the case as often as perhaps it should be ...
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

No I agree with you Zeb...

I for one have been on the recieving end on something like this at the Sky Show this year on the Foreshore... Managed to walk away without a scratch, but just goes to show, some people (not all) - have no regard, no respect for Vollies.

Don't get me wrong.. the buck doesnt stop their, our valued paid Ambos get assualted, as well as our Coppers and Firies...
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

In all cases here, it's assaulting a Public Officer. I would hope the new laws the Libs plan to bring in, in relation to assaults on Police will extend to ALL Public Officers.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Definatley agreed Fastlane...
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

observer
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by observer »

Posting of incident on youtube.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=6jSFxEWx6BA
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

observer wrote:Posting of incident on youtube.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=6jSFxEWx6BA
That is just F**#% Outrageous - this made my blood boil, as it would many others... This is the sort of shit that shouldn't be happening not just to Firies but to coppers and Ambos/First Aiders.

Without mentioning any specific details... I know of a Cadet within St.John Volunteers who had a bottle of Powerade emptied on them in full uniform whilst on a local duty....

To what fault did the cadet ever ask for this to happen?? - Its happend to so many others, Police mainly, but more and more of our Paramedics are faced with abusive people who don't give 2 shits....

I know this is not the place to vent - etc - but it is unacceptable, and think people need to support our local heros - Police, Firies, Paramedics/Ambos - vollies.... - Back them up instead of filming them for You-Tube...
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

makes me sick as well.

it will only get worse. No discipline or respect for anyone any more. And what's worse nothing we can do about it :(.
CANT HEAR THE POLICE ANYMORE?
SEE THIS POST: http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4424
AVBFS
Scanners and Receivers: UBCT9

Post by AVBFS »

the people who interfered with the firies and equipment should have been charged with obstruction and/or assault. some kids are just stupid and should be made to do the the job the vollies do if they do like that!!
:mrgreen:
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Agreed :twisted:
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

AVBFS

Post by AVBFS »

the government needs to hurry up and make the penalties harder on people like this!!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Keeping in mind not just us vollies - But our Payed counter parts too!!
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

AVBFS

Post by AVBFS »

yes i agree.. its amazing how many so called "adults" where there and none of them stepped in to help.. what low life kids they all are!!