Next Shuttle Launch

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

jasonjag
Banned

Next Shuttle Launch

Post by jasonjag »

For those interested, the next Shuttle Launch on Oct 10, countdown between 11.43 - 1300, Night Launch at USA Time 12.43 AM = 12.43 PM Perth time can be seen live on your computer by Nasa TV, Link explains a rescue method should another Columbia incodent need to be Prevented.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story? ... 215&page=1

PS. Nasa TV link. best select Media channel. http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/live_tv.html

# On this channel you can also watch live day to day activitys in the International Space Station. jj
Last edited by jasonjag on Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Thanks JJ - I always enjoy watching Shuttle missions.

For any WARSUG members who use iiNet as their ISP, they can get a NASA TV feed from the iiNet Media Lounge. The video is a higher quality (around a 1 MBit stream) than you can usually get from the NASA website, and it's also quota-free! :)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
yorky

Post by yorky »

Can I guess is that Sat 11th Oct midday our time? EDIT: Or actually Friday the 10th our time?
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
yorky

Post by yorky »

Is it just me or does this mission no longer exist?
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Blinky
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Blinky »

yorky wrote:Is it just me or does this mission no longer exist?
It seems to me that it no longer exists. Not seen any reason why yet.
jasonjag
Banned

Cancelled

Post by jasonjag »

yorky wrote:Can I guess is that Sat 11th Oct midday our time? EDIT: Or actually Friday the 10th our time?
The shuttle flight to the Space Hubble Telescope has been scrubbed and now scheduled for Nov 14th to the International Space Station, launch time yet to be determined. and until the end of this month, we are 12 hours ahead of Nasa, thats the west coast of usa, when we go DLS, it will be 11 hours ahead, when they change off their DLS, it will be 12 hrs ahead of them.

Date: Nov. 14 +
Mission: STS-126
Launch Vehicle: Space Shuttle Endeavour
Launch Site: Kennedy Space Center - Launch Pad 39A
Launch Time: 7:55 p.m. EST
Landing Date and Time: Nov. 25 +
Landing Site: Kennedy Space Center's Shuttle Landing Facility
Description: Space Shuttle Endeavour launching on assembly flight ULF2, will deliver a Multi-Purpose Logistics Module to the International Space Station.

(Launch time = 08.55am` Friday 15th here in Perth)
robbage
Amateur callsign: VK6UFO_VK6RN
Scanners and Receivers:  
Scanners/receivers
Diamond Welz WS1000 wideband handheld
Radioshack Pro 28 handheld
Uniden UBC72XLT handheld
Uniden UBC73XLT handheld
Uniden UBC330CRS desktop

Two-way
Yaesu VX-3R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wideband RX handheld
Yaesu FT-1802M 2m Ham TRX mobile x 2
Yaesu FT-7800R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-208H 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-706MKIIG all-band all-mode Ham TRX mobile
Icom IC-V85 2m VHF Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-679P VHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-713 UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld

Re: Cancelled

Post by robbage »

jasonjag wrote:The shuttle flight to the Space Hubble Telescope has been scrubbed and now scheduled for Nov 14th to the International Space Station, launch time yet to be determined. and until the end of this month, we are 12 hours ahead of Nasa, thats the west coast of usa, when we go DLS, it will be 11 hours ahead, when they change off thier DLS, it will be 12 hrs ahead of them, I will post here launch times when available. jj
10 hours difference after both have changed over, I believe, JJ (ie for our summer). I'm pretty sure we don't both wind our clocks in the same direction for different seasons.
Rob
OF78WD
 Amateur moderator
Arguing with a fool proves there are two
jasonjag
Banned

Post by jasonjag »

robbage wrote:
jasonjag wrote:The shuttle flight to the Space Hubble Telescope has been scrubbed and now scheduled for Nov 14th to the International Space Station, launch time yet to be determined. and until the end of this month, we are 12 hours ahead of Nasa, thats the west coast of usa, when we go DLS, it will be 11 hours ahead, when they change off thier DLS, it will be 12 hrs ahead of them, I will post here launch times when available. jj
10 hours difference after both have changed over, I believe, JJ (ie for our summer). I'm pretty sure we don't both wind our clocks in the same direction for different seasons.
"Robbage" sorry to say, you are wrong, we are presently 12 hrs ahead of East Coast of USA, thats where the Shuttle Launch is at the Cape, Florida, the launch is based on thier time, so we move forward an hour for DLS at end of this month = 11 hrs ahead, 5 mins after launch, Mission control take over, thats in Houston, Texas, who are presently 13 hrs behind us now, when we change to DLS, the mission is controlled by them, there fore = 12 diff. jj

Sorry I am wrong, it is the East coast,but its never been 10 hrs, always min 12 diff,see world map, Florida is 12 behind is,,..I am right in the times, I have tracked every Shuttle mission for past 15 years, so I know,, jj
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
Last edited by jasonjag on Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

If my maths is not incorrect 12 hours plus 1 hour (when we hit daylight saving) means we'll be 13 hours ahead. (This is for East Coast USA.)

When they come off DLS (Nov 2) they go back one hour it means there's an additional hour between us meaning 14 hours difference.

Try http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/c ... 867&p2=196 if you don't believe me!
Blinky
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Blinky »

jasonjag wrote:
robbage wrote:
"Robbage" sorry to say, you are wrong, we are presently 12 hrs ahead of West Coast of USA, thats where the Shuttle Launch is at the Cape, Florida, the launch is based on thier time, so we move forward an hour for DLS at end of this month = 11 hrs ahead, 5 mins after launch, Mission control take over, thats in Houston, Texas, who are presently 13 hrs behind us now, when we change to DLS, the mission is controlled by them, there fore = 12 diff. jj

Now to confuse things even more... Firstly surely the shuttle launches from Florida which is more East Coast than West.

Secondly, at the moment there is 12 hours difference. Their usual time zone is UTC-5 but currently they are on their summer time UTC-4. We go on Daylight Saving Time 13 hours difference. 2nd November they change from their Summer time to standard time..ie clocks back 1 hour = Total of 14 hours.

Any further bids?

:lol:

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-z ... canaveral/
Blinky
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Blinky »

Hmmm Wes, you edited your post while I was typing mine...I agree...hi
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

I added the URL to mine while you were posting. ;)

Trust the country crew to get it right. :P :lol:
robbage
Amateur callsign: VK6UFO_VK6RN
Scanners and Receivers:  
Scanners/receivers
Diamond Welz WS1000 wideband handheld
Radioshack Pro 28 handheld
Uniden UBC72XLT handheld
Uniden UBC73XLT handheld
Uniden UBC330CRS desktop

Two-way
Yaesu VX-3R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wideband RX handheld
Yaesu FT-1802M 2m Ham TRX mobile x 2
Yaesu FT-7800R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-208H 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-706MKIIG all-band all-mode Ham TRX mobile
Icom IC-V85 2m VHF Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-679P VHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-713 UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld

Post by robbage »

The reason I said 10 hours is because a forum I use which is on New York time is 12 hours difference during our winter and 10 hours difference during our summer. That might be the difference from the previous day though :shock: . I didn't actually work it out because it's too bloody confusing :-)
Rob
OF78WD
 Amateur moderator
Arguing with a fool proves there are two
jasonjag
Banned

that is correct

Post by jasonjag »

WPXZBP wrote:If my maths is not incorrect 12 hours plus 1 hour (when we hit daylight saving) means we'll be 13 hours ahead. (This is for East Coast USA.)

When they come off DLS (Nov 2) they go back one hour it means there's an additional hour between us meaning 14 hours difference.

Try http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/c ... 867&p2=196 if you don't believe me!
That is correct, WPXZBP I mistakenly said west coast when I meant east coast, see time diff now on world time clock, we are now 14 hrs ahead of Florida.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ jj
Last edited by jasonjag on Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

robbage wrote: I didn't actually work it out because it's too bloody confusing :-)
Don't worry robbage I thought exactly the same thing!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.