Western Power Priority

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

ok - random question.

say i bought deck blasters from a website online... BUT they were only amber lights - would it be legal to have these mounted in my car. is there anything against amber lights in the RTA or would you need DPI approval?
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

if it yellow im sure it fine.
BUT if its other colours then u need a O K by them
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Last edited by jmmw on Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

From the looks of it the "advice" had been very quickly and effectively shot down as it should have been. I think that was all that was needed.

Quite possibly, as nobody had "shot down" the abuse/bad language/whatever, it was done by Admin.

I suggest if you have a problem with the moderation then chat to a mod or an admin-type person. Remember, if the mods/admin want to remove abuse or rude language, then that is their prerogative.

I could say something about calling people names but I won't.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

WPXZBP wrote:You'll note that they have only red lights. DPI classify Western Power emergency response vehicles as Priority 2 (their classification), one rung down from WAPol, SJA, FRS, BFS & SES vehicles. (Mind you, not all of the aforementioned vehicles would be classed as Priority 1.)
General rule of thumb, red & blue lights are for primary response. Red only, secondary response. The Road Traffic Code really doesn't distinguish between the two however (it states red OR blue flashing light, not both)..
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

once again, thanks for your help. looking into it as i do travel within 'hazardous' sites (ie mine sites, middle of highway medians etc) for work reasons.
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Fastlane wrote:
WPXZBP wrote:You'll note that they have only red lights. DPI classify Western Power emergency response vehicles as Priority 2 (their classification), one rung down from WAPol, SJA, FRS, BFS & SES vehicles. (Mind you, not all of the aforementioned vehicles would be classed as Priority 1.)
General rule of thumb, red & blue lights are for primary response. Red only, secondary response. The Road Traffic Code really doesn't distinguish between the two however (it states red OR blue flashing light, not both)..
I remember in the olden days the police only had blue lights and fire engines and ambulances only had red.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

I saw a Western Power Nissan Patrol under priority down Pier St today. Deckblaster, siren, no beacons, no discernible markings apart from the WPC numberplate. Its presence made other cars run the red light so it could run the red light.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Odd normally they have a code 3 or similar LED light bar on the roof of the cab and I believe some LED's on the front. Anyway, will keep an eye out next time to see if it has as you describe :).
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Tyranus wrote:Odd normally they have a code 3 or similar LED light bar on the roof of the cab and I believe some LED's on the front. Anyway, will keep an eye out next time to see if it has as you describe :).
it's not one of their emergency response vehicles. I think this vehicle belongs to one of the managers, you'll often see it at a large fire.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

he has is lunch at wanneroo rd x reid hwy. lil deli near dry cleaners. i see him all the time.
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu FT-857 Yaesu FT7800 Icom ID800H

Post by slipknot »

Its Western Powers Emergancy Service. I once had to call them beuase thier was a powerline that had fallen down, i called em and waited for about half an hour then suddenly heard two 4WDs with sirens going coming towards. If its an event where lives are in danger and someone qualified needs to come out and shutdown high voltage, then yes , they need sirens, they need becons.
nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nra555 »

They need to be able to respond under priority driving conditions, there is extreme amounts of power flowing through those power lines. It takes a professional to disconnect it safely.

Remember, Electricity shows no mercy
PRC-555
NRA-555

nra.org.au - join today to make UHF CB a more enjoyable band to use!