Western Power Priority

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Hey hey not arguing that they shouldn't have lights and sirens, having played with electronics since before I was even 10 and learning about 3 phase power before I was a teenager not to mention having a father who is an electrical engineer and worked out at Leinster for a while so not just a pen pusher, I learnt what electricity can do!
I was just meerly saying their normal vehicles have a solid lightbar on the roof. But if it's a managers vehicle or team leaders vehicle where they might only need to be disconnecting power so not requiring all the other tools they carry then why not have a simple patrol with window mounted LED's and siren.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

Bonez wrote:
robbage wrote:I'm handing back my licence when Emergency Denture Repair get lights
LOL - You have been listening to 6PR too much :)
I thought i heard that on a channel before.

'6DR (Denture Repair Operations) from ERD Metro South turning out to a report of a head on crash, male vs female possible loose teeth and broken denture' lol :):):)
----BUDDAH VFRS----
nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nra555 »

BuddahFRS wrote:
Bonez wrote:
robbage wrote:I'm handing back my licence when Emergency Denture Repair get lights
LOL - You have been listening to 6PR too much :)
I thought i heard that on a channel before.

'6DR (Denture Repair Operations) from ERD Metro South turning out to a report of a head on crash, male vs female possible loose teeth and broken denture' lol :):):)
lol

would have been funnier if it was Male Vs Male, :|
PRC-555
NRA-555

nra.org.au - join today to make UHF CB a more enjoyable band to use!
nra555
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Western Power Priority

Post by nra555 »

In my work we deal with western power alot, and under normal road they dont usually take more than 15 mins to arrive...
PRC-555
NRA-555

nra.org.au - join today to make UHF CB a more enjoyable band to use!
Toottoot
Banned

Re:

Post by Toottoot »

Tyranus wrote:Hey hey not arguing that they shouldn't have lights and sirens, having played with electronics since before I was even 10 and learning about 3 phase power before I was a teenager not to mention having a father who is an electrical engineer and worked out at Leinster for a while so not just a pen pusher, I learnt what electricity can do!
I was just meerly saying their normal vehicles have a solid lightbar on the roof. But if it's a managers vehicle or team leaders vehicle where they might only need to be disconnecting power so not requiring all the other tools they carry then why not have a simple patrol with window mounted LED's and siren.
Managers and team leaders only attend for complicated isolations where switching programs need to be checked so the lineies are covered. May come for other scenarios where there is an impact on the network etc.

Disconnections often require pole sticks, ladders or the like and they need the hiabs to straighten or secure poles to make safe or until they can be repaired. Thats why the patrols are used.

BTW as qualified as you are with those credentials Tyranus, they won't get you a job as a linesman. :)
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Re: Western Power Priority

Post by Tyranus »

not trying to claim I am qualified, but having been in a small town where power was managed by the mine and therefore to an extent the old man, I have had the chance to see a bit more than some people have, thus I understand and support WP having designated emergency response vehicles.
My real experiences with electricity and it's delights came with the old round pin unprotected sockets in Zimbabwe when I was 6 months old and crawling...
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.