SPELLING

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

jasonjag
Banned

SPELLING

Post by jasonjag »

HEAR ME OUT, THIS FORUM IS NOT A SPELLING COMPETITION OR QUIZ, NO ONE IS PERFECT, WE ARE HERE TO DISCUSS TOPICS, INFORM OTHERS OF THINGS, INCODENTS ETC THAT HAPPEN WITH CERTAIN ORGANIATIONS, SO WHAT IN HELL DOES IT MATTER IF A WORD IS SPELLED WRONG, SNAP OUT OF IT AND GET OFF PEOPLES BACKS, WASTING BANDWIDTH TO CRITTISE OTHERS OVER SUCH TRIVIAL THINGS AS SPELLING ERRORS OR ENGLISH.
GET BACK TO THE REASON WE ARE ALL HERE. OK.
...Thankyou
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: SPELLING

Post by ConstableCare »

jasonjag wrote:HEAR ME OUT, THIS FORUM IS NOT A SPELLING COMPETITION OR QUIZ, NO ONE IS PERFECT, WE ARE HERE TO DISCUSS TOPICS, INFORM OTHERS OF THINGS, INCODENTS ETC THAT HAPPEN WITH CERTAIN ORGANIATIONS, SO WHAT IN HELL DOES IT MATTER IF A WORD IS SPELLED WRONG, SNAP OUT OF IT AND GET OFF PEOPLES BACKS, WASTING BANDWIDTH TO CRITTISE OTHERS OVER SUCH TRIVIAL THINGS AS SPELLING ERRORS OR ENGLISH.
...Thankyou
Better get the dictionary out for this post :lol: Couple of errors here!

Cheers, CC 8)
yorky

Post by yorky »

People whinging about spelling are mainly directly at the *very* poor spellers. One wrong here and there is common error, but its the persons *cough*playworth*cough* etc that spell every second word wrong that appear to peeve everyone off, plus incoherent grammar.
Last edited by yorky on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

If you are intelligent enough to use a computer you should be intelligent enough to spell. At the very least, posses the cognitive ability to learn from your mistakes.
Clontarf[X]

Post by Clontarf[X] »

Spellcheck. If you don't know how to use spellcheck, use Firefox. If you don't know how to use Firefox, then there is no hope for you :)
jasonjag
Banned

Hey Yorky

Post by jasonjag »

[quote="yorky"]People winging about spelling are mainly directly at the *very* poor spellers. One wrong here and there is common error, but its the persons *cough*playworth*cough* etc that spell every second word wrong that appear to peeve everyone off, plus incoherent grammar.[/quote]

How do you spell "Whinging" join the spelling mistake corner too.
jasonjag
Banned

No Intelligence

Post by jasonjag »

[quote="Toottoot"]If you are intelligent enough to use a computer you should be intelligent enough to spell. At the very least, posses the cognitive ability to learn from your mistakes.[/quote]

No intelligence needed to use a computer, pre schoolers use them.

Plane crash = Pilot error
Car crash = Driver error
Spelling mistake = faulty computer...
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

jasonjag wrote:HEAR ME OUT, THIS FORUM IS NOT A SPELLING COMPETITION OR QUIZ, NO ONE IS PERFECT, WE ARE HERE TO DISCUSS TOPICS, INFORM OTHERS OF THINGS, INCODENTS ETC THAT HAPPEN WITH CERTAIN ORGANIATIONS, SO WHAT IN HELL DOES IT MATTER IF A WORD IS SPELLED WRONG, SNAP OUT OF IT AND GET OFF PEOPLES BACKS, WASTING BANDWIDTH TO CRITTISE OTHERS OVER SUCH TRIVIAL THINGS AS SPELLING ERRORS OR ENGLISH.
...Thankyou
Agree with you mate, im starting to feel that there are a lot of people on this forum who live to point out others errors due to the lack of any activity in their own sad lives. If i wanted an online spelling tutor id look elsewhere.
yorky

Re: Hey Yorky

Post by yorky »

jasonjag wrote:
yorky wrote:People winging about spelling are mainly directly at the *very* poor spellers. One wrong here and there is common error, but its the persons *cough*playworth*cough* etc that spell every second word wrong that appear to peeve everyone off, plus incoherent grammar.
How do you spell "Whinging" join the spelling mistake corner too.
Apologies, error on my behalf.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
jasonjag
Banned

Post by jasonjag »

[quote="Leigh"][quote="jasonjag"]HEAR ME OUT, THIS FORUM IS NOT A SPELLING COMPETITION OR QUIZ, NO ONE IS PERFECT, WE ARE HERE TO DISCUSS TOPICS, INFORM OTHERS OF THINGS, INCODENTS ETC THAT HAPPEN WITH CERTAIN ORGANIATIONS, SO WHAT IN HELL DOES IT MATTER IF A WORD IS SPELLED WRONG, SNAP OUT OF IT AND GET OFF PEOPLES BACKS, WASTING BANDWIDTH TO CRITTISE OTHERS OVER SUCH TRIVIAL THINGS AS SPELLING ERRORS OR ENGLISH.
...Thankyou[/quote]

Agree with you mate, im starting to feel that there are a lot of people on this forum who live to point out others errors due to the lack of any activity in their own sad lives. If i wanted an online spelling tutor id look elsewhere.[/quote]

Well said "Leigh" they obvesly have not read the original post and taken it on board.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

jasonjag wrote:
Well said "Leigh" they obvesly have not read the original post and taken it on board.
What do you mean "have not taken it on board"?
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Re: No Intelligence

Post by Tyranus »

jasonjag wrote:
Toottoot wrote:If you are intelligent enough to use a computer you should be intelligent enough to spell. At the very least, posses the cognitive ability to learn from your mistakes.
No intelligence needed to use a computer, pre schoolers use them.

Plane crash = Pilot error
Car crash = Driver error
Spelling mistake = faulty computer...
Spelling mistake = faulty computer = Computer crash = PEBCAK or id10t error
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

PICNIC - Problem in chair not in computer
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Bonez wrote:PICNIC - Problem in chair not in computer
ROFL I love it!!!!! Fantastic!!!! :D :lol:
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.