Inconsiderate Drivers & Prosecutions

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Inconsiderate Drivers & Prosecutions

Post by Kyle »

Hi All,

Every now and then we encounter a inconsiderate driver. This topic is to share your experiences about these drivers. Also if Police Officer or alike could let us know if these inconsiderate drivers can be prosecuted for their actions
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Today, I received a call from my mother saying someone had parked her car in so she couldn't get into her own car and what could she do. : [-(

So I drove down to the local shopping center to help mum out. When I go their I identified the issue straight away. The driver in question had parked into the car spot mums car occupied 5 cm from her driver door.:smt011 So she could not enter her drivers side door or let alone walk down the side of the car.

This is a example of the web of how close I'm talking about.

So I climbed through the passenger door over the console and carefully reversed the car out. Mum being quite old was unable to as she has arthritis. :smt076

I took a picture of the offending car and the distance between the cars. Does anyone know if I have the legal right to have the individual fined for this action or what law it comes under. I did not call the Police Out as I know they are busy and wouldn't want to take them away from Priority / Emergency Calls.

Had this happened to her while I was not around this would have caused her great stress, and I'm sure she would have been stuck at the shopping center.

Has anyone else experienced this? Do you have the legal right to move the offending car by getting a council to call out a tow truck ? Or any numbers to call if this happens again. :?:

I would have loved to put a sticker like this on the back of their car

Last edited by Kyle on Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
O.O
I exclude all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

Had your mum parked very close to the right hand side of her car bay, so in fact the other driver was within the lines, or had the other drive parked over the lines in your mums bay?

Just curious because i've seen this before but it's normally the fault of the person who parked so far over to the right, and another person has come in and parked normally.

Not saying this is what your mum did but i'm just asking the question.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Bonez wrote:Had your mum parked very close to the right hand side of her car bay, so in fact the other driver was within the lines, or had the other drive parked over the lines in your mums bay?

Just curious because i've seen this before but it's normally the fault of the person who parked so far over to the right, and another person has come in and parked normally.

I agree. People who park too close to the right of the bay are their own worst enemy.

Is your mum still capable of holding a drivers license? If she is having trouble negotiating a car park then maybe the open road is not the safest place for her.

Given car parks are not generally considered gazetted roads, Im not sure what calling the police would have accomplished. Even on gazetted roads do they deal with parking issues?

I would not have even considered this to be an issue of the police, but made sure i had lots of metallic objects in my pocket and tried to wrestle my way in, making sure I gave some extra squirms here and there. I think even old people would be capable of this. I would not condone this action if I had of parked too close to the line though or it was a design flaw having bays too close together.

I'm off to the beach now.
Last edited by Toottoot on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Bonez wrote:Had your mum parked very close to the right hand side of her car bay, so in fact the other driver was within the lines, or had the other drive parked over the lines in your mums bay?

Mum was perfectly central (so very proud of her parking), the individual had actually parked into her bay over her lines 5cm from the drivers side door so the wing mirror overlaped..

I will give you a example like this. Not the actual photo but a web example.

Anyone know who to contact when this happens or who to report it to. Mum is just way to old to be climbing through boots and passenger side doors.. Security Guard offered to smash the offending cars window and move the car. However told them not to as I know that is illegal

I have photos of the incident..
Last edited by Kyle on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.
O.O
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Toottoot wrote:

I agree. People who park too close to the right of the bay are their own worst enemy.

Is your mum still capable of holding a drivers license? If she is having trouble negotiating a car park then maybe the open road is not the safest place for her.
Wow that got turned around quickly
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Toottoot I think the limitation of the arthritis came in when Kyle was climbing over everything to get into the drivers seat. While it may seem easy to you it does require some dexterity to do which even my folks would struggle with and I assure you they're fine to drive on the roads, so long as mum isn't on the freeway :lol:.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Tyranus wrote:Toottoot I think the limitation of the arthritis came in when Kyle was climbing over everything to get into the drivers seat. While it may seem easy to you it does require some dexterity to do which even my folks would struggle with and I assure you they're fine to drive on the roads, so long as mum isn't on the freeway :lol:.
Very true, however I like mum to have a contact number to a authority who has the jurisdiction to either move the car, if I'm not around to render help ie: working etc. I know some people park a little close to the right however the offender was over her carspot in her lines about 1.5 foot. Mums car is a little Barina.
Last edited by Kyle on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O.O
perthscanner

Post by perthscanner »

Can you uploadthe photo for us to see? BTW, I don't think she has any recourse with anyone. She just has to wait for the other car to go.
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

perthscanner wrote:Can you uploadthe photo for us to see? BTW, I don't think she has any recourse with anyone. She just has to wait for the other car to go.
Ive got it on a disposable camera (normal film) however will upload them once I have got them developed. That way I can show everyone how bad the offenders parking was. How they managed not to scratch mums car was unbelievable. When I first approached mums car I thought the car had driven into mums car, it was unbelievably close

The security guard was raring to smash the individuals car window out and push the car out of the spot. However I'm sure that ain't legal. Still would have been funny. :D

Sad they don't have any resources to deal with inconsiderate parking. I might purchase some stickers "I park like a idiot" and put them on the back of future offending cars.. heeheh.
O.O
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Mind you afterwoods I took mum for a nice White Chocolate Mocha & lunch at Gloria Jeans [ A must try] it helped ease the stress of the ordeal. So she is all okay now. :wink:
O.O
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Perhaps she could have made a citizens arrest when the perpetrator returned.

Quite possibly the only person with authority over parking area is the owner of the land. If it was up to carpark owners they would make the parks smaller to fit more cars in.

The terms and conditions of the carpark should be displayed on a sign as you enter the parking area or on the ticket. Each parking provider has differing T&C. By parking there you agree by the parking areas T&C. Maybe there was something in the contract that the parkers made with the park owner making this illegal and a penalty also.

You could put a lot of wasted effort into something like this. Unfortunately these things happen from time to time.

Where was the carpark?
Kyle
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kyle »

Toottoot wrote:
Where was the carpark?
Car Park was Centro Galleria Carousel. Mum had informed the shopping center security guard before calling me. They were ready to break the window out and push the offending car out of the spot when I got there. So mum could get her car out. Do they have the legal right to do this if the Security Guards are employed by the Shopping Center?.

However thought I carefully try and reverse it first. I managed to reverse mums car out very slowly while they guided me out.

Im still going to report it though. I may fill out a police report and attach photos and see what happens.
O.O
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

If it's shopping centre car park they could arrange to have the vehicle towed, or wheels clamped.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Tyranus wrote:If it's shopping centre car park they could arrange to have the vehicle towed, or wheels clamped.
Or page the owner over the loudspeakers.

Anyway this is way off topic - nothing to do with scanning the police radio. Why did you choose to put it in this section? Did you not read the section description when you made it?