Rangers

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

Lucas_arts_182

Rangers

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

do rangers have any powers to fine and/or arrest or anything else like that.
the reason i ask is that my mate got a caution from a wanneroo ranger and id just like to if it really has anything behind it or is it glorafied toilet paper?
i have been told befor that rangers havent got any powers but are just put there to make everyone feel safe ...
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

i am let to believe they can fined u.BUt only for dogs or playing golf in a public park..
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

They have a variety of powers and their fines are backed up by the Fines Enforcement Registry, same as being fined by the Police or Transits.

Being a caution, what are you worried about.......there shouldn't be a penalty attached.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

i heard ranger fined a speed camera op* last year for parking long time or something, anyone us hear about that.?
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

I doubt that very much, they have exemptions under the Road Traffic Act to park in certain areas when conducting speed camera operations. I am sure Rangers and Parking Officers would be aware of this.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

i heard it on 6PR something about it.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

I believe there was an incident last year where an operator parked illegaly. In a bus bay or no stopping/parking zone, and had the speed set incorrectly so people travelling the limit were flashed, those tickets were of course cancelled I think he had to pay a fine, can't remember his job status after the event though, or who fined him.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

He would have a defense in court I would imagine.
daniel86

Post by daniel86 »

Rangers have authority to act under state legislation, Dog Act, Litter Act, Local Government Act, Bush Fires Act, Control of Vehicles (Off Road Areas) and any Local Laws which can vary from council to council. It is an offence to not give your name and address to a Ranger upon request same as it is for a police or transit. All fines are backed up by Fines Enforcement. Rangers have no more powers of arrest than any regular joe but I dont think that any of the work we do would ever really require it. We are able to seize and destroy dogs under certain circumstances and infringe for offences under the Acts for which we are authorised. If you have any other questions they would probably be covered on www.warangers.asn.au
CHEV4EVR
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by CHEV4EVR »

Tyranus wrote:I believe there was an incident last year where an operator parked illegaly. In a bus bay or no stopping/parking zone, and had the speed set incorrectly so people travelling the limit were flashed, those tickets were of course cancelled I think he had to pay a fine, can't remember his job status after the event though, or who fined him.
About 4 or 5 years ago a Town of Victoria Park ranger gave a parking ticket to a speed camera operator. At the time the RTA did not include civillian operators under the exemption, a slight adjustment was made to the Act and viola no more probs. No tickets were pulled and the operator did not incur any penalty. Media (shock) tried to blow it up but it was no biggy and fixed with the stroke of a pen.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Water corp rangers can enforce the local by-laws (if theyve done the appropriate course) such as trespass, marroning, off road vehicles etc. and the catchment rangers are often armed.

Dont know how the sprinkler inspectors work.
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

Toottoot wrote:
Dont know how the sprinkler inspectors work.
Check the sprinkler make sure it conforms to standards lol sorry...I thought all that was done on honesty and people dobbing you in?
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

.....oh...I thought this was a thread about people with red hair.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Always RX wrote:.....oh...I thought this was a thread about people with red hair.
No that started in the WAPOL thread then was shifted to FESA after some one wrote fire engine in a post.
Tyranus wrote:I thought all that was done on honesty and people dobbing you in
No Tyranus. It appears your thoughts have let you down. People dobbing you in cant issue you an infringement. They have to get the inspector to do that.
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

ok so not just off a phone call but after a phone call someone drives around and inspects, if there has indeed been watering going on then a fine is issued...oh well that's fine :)
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB