Illegal Emergency Lights?

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

Jared
150+ posts
150+ posts

Illegal Emergency Lights?

Post by Jared »

ok, so, i was happily driving along the other day when some punk comes up behind me with a whole bunch of red, blue and white flashing lights.

I know some people are going to question it being an unmarked car but this thing had 2X red & 2 X Blue lights flashing in the grills of this car. 1 set of normal dash red and blues but they were spread apart more and stupidly there were 2 red and 2 blue flashing lights on this sun visor....

Now, unless this was like The world is going to blow up car, it was just some punk who has gone a bit too far.

So i know there are police here, does anyone know the kind of penalties this kind of action carries? Fines, n what not? Crim record???

Any feed back is good
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

If you got the guy's licence plate report it to Crimestoppers. I saw (from about 600m) some dropkicks in Currambine getting busted by detectives for impersonating police.

Every now and then you hear reports of sexual assaults occurring when ladies are pulled over by fake police. That sort of stuff is just wrong. :?
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

What type of car was it....?
"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got"
Jared
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Jared »

Holden Astra, black in colour. I would have got the number plate but it was the freeway, i memorised it or a few seconds but before i had the chance to write it down i forgot the last 2 digits. I was pretty p****d
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Let Crimestoppers know anyway. I'm sure they'd be very interested to hear about it.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Beauty of hands free in your car, call them up as it's happening so you can't forget the rego, and you can probably give a better description of them and all that for the cops. I.e where they are. :) Could use crimestoppers or 131444.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Illegal Emergency Lights?

Post by jmmw »

Jared wrote:ok, so, i was happily driving along the other day when some punk comes up behind me with a whole bunch of red, blue and white flashing lights.

Now, unless this was like The world is going to blow up car, it was just some punk who has gone a bit too far.
lol captain Exaggeratation!

Atleast the punk isnt out plastering graffiti all over everything or beating people up.
Jared
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Jared »

Ok then shall call Crime Stoppers.

As for calling while it happened. This car was up behind me, over took me, then gone into the distance it wasnt doing speed limit. So hopefully there was police further down the track to give them a suprise.

BTW - Why doesnt WAPOL use unmarked cars at night??? Iv never seen one, and im pretty damn good at spotting them.
yorky

Post by yorky »

Jared wrote:BTW - Why doesnt WAPOL use unmarked cars at night??? Iv never seen one, and im pretty damn good at spotting them.
They definitely do. Problem is a lot of people don't know what an unmarked looks like so having marked vehicles driving around gives the public more of a sense that theres regularly cops around.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

Jared wrote: BTW - Why doesnt WAPOL use unmarked cars at night??? Iv never seen one, and im pretty damn good at spotting them.
LOL
"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got"
radiotech

Post by radiotech »

I know of someone who has a siren mounted to their Ute, over heard them one evening on a VHF frequency saying how they had fun the night before pulling up outside random houses and letting it blast for 60 seconds before people would turn their lights on and speed off. Childish behavior.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

radiotech wrote:I know of someone who has a siren mounted to their Ute, over heard them one evening on a VHF frequency saying how they had fun the night before pulling up outside random houses and letting it blast for 60 seconds before people would turn their lights on and speed off. Childish behavior.
Lol
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

radiotech wrote:Childish behavior.
And I thought it was bad when people across the road come over at 2am, waking you up for a lift to another part of town. :?

Anyhow, how did it go with Crimestoppers?