Split off from Pursuits thread #2

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Split off from Pursuits thread #2

Post by Tyranus »

Train driving is soon going to become an ultimate in stressful jobs, everytime the train goes under an over pass or past a station or rail crossing, the driver is going to be worried something is going to happen!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

just put down the blind, block your ears and hope for the best. easyer said then done.
its just part of the job , you cant be a cop and expect not so see a dead guy or a sparky and not expect to get zapped.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Lucas_arts_182 wrote:just put down the blind, block your ears and hope for the best. easyer said then done.
its just part of the job , you cant be a cop and expect not so see a dead guy or a sparky and not expect to get zapped.
Totally different, I wouldn't expect to see have people jump in front of you while you're driving. Cops, soldiers, ambo's, firies, SES all sign up knowing that they may have to deal with deceased persons. A train driver shouldn't have to.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Night_Ryder
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Night_Ryder »

I agree. i think suicide is a selfish act and it causes soooo much pain on the people left behind. A train driver should not "expect" to see something as horrible as someone ending it at the expense of the train driver.
ADMIN NOTE: Account details transferred to "Reevesy"
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

Night_Ryder wrote:I agree. i think suicide is a selfish act and it causes soooo much pain on the people left behind. A train driver should not "expect" to see something as horrible as someone ending it at the expense of the train driver.
im just saying , its not like it hasnt happend befor , if it wasnt expected then why do they put cages over over-passes???
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

not always at a overpass either so putting cages would solve it
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

ADMIN - Can someone please remove the recent off-topic posts to a different thread (then delete this one). Discussion on suicide by train doesn't belong here.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Enough has been said about this.