Police Drug Bus - The West page 19 21/12/07

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

celestial_insight
Banned

Police Drug Bus - The West page 19 21/12/07

Post by celestial_insight »

Anyone else read this article and find it disturbing? Police are disappointed that only 1 person tested positive out of the 700 tested for drugs whilst driving. Acting Asst Commisioner Nigel White said he had hoped the bus would return more positive drug tests. In Victoria 1 in 50 on average tested positive and WA police are keen to return similar results.

Now I may have the wrong impression, but shouldn't the cops be applauding WA drivers over the low number testing positive? Shouldn't they be disappointed with the one because they want it to be zero, not hundreds? I think this guy has lost his marbles and has no idea about policing.

If WA police are keen to return similar results as Victoria, they need to lighten up on drug policy and maybe encourage people to take drugs in an effort to substantiate the expense on the drug bus.

ARRRRRRRRRR - loser!

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx? ... ntID=51815
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Road Safety Council chairman Grant Dorrington said that the drug bus results were surprising but positive.
He's got the right view, yes be surprised there's only 1 but that's a good thing!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

Maybe they should stop advertising where it is going to be.... ie Dunsborough for schoolies.... :shock:
"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got"