Random stuff from the V8 LT thead

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Random stuff from the V8 LT thead

Post by jmmw »

Lol warsug censored once again, god forbid someone express a negetive point of view.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

jmmw wrote:Lol warsug censored once again, god forbid someone express a negetive point of view.
Had nothing to do with negative points of view, rather, pointless baiting to try and start a flame war (no pun intended!) :-)
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Fair enough but i was looking forward to the amusement of the BFB members reation to his comment.
thedonbeech

Post by thedonbeech »

this fire vehicle is parked over a footpath. Did anyone read the article in today's paper about the police car photographed parked over the footpath?
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

93 Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Local Law, the driver of –

(a) a special purpose vehicle may, only in the course of his or her duties
and when it is expedient and safe to do so, stop, or park the vehicle in
any place, at any time; and

(b) an emergency vehicle may, in the course of his or her duties and when
it is expedient and safe to do so or where he or she honestly and
reasonably believes that it is expedient and safe to do so, stop, or park
the vehicle at any place, at any time.
and last I looked, this thread had nothing to do with Police Vehicles.. ?

EDIT: as pointed out by Ambul8, I missed this:
5 Unless the context otherwise requires, where a term is used, but not defined, in this
Local Law, and that term is defined in the Road Traffic Act or in the Code, then the
term shall have the meaning as in that Act or the Code.
Last edited by Fastlane on Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ambul8
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ambul8 »

Fastlane wrote:
93 Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Local Law, the driver of –

(a) a special purpose vehicle may, only in the course of his or her duties
and when it is expedient and safe to do so, stop, or park the vehicle in
any place, at any time; and

(b) an emergency vehicle may, in the course of his or her duties and when
it is expedient and safe to do so or where he or she honestly and
reasonably believes that it is expedient and safe to do so, stop, or park
the vehicle at any place, at any time.
and last I looked, this thread had nothing to do with Police Vehicles..?
The LT is not an emergency vehicle if it is not "on duty at or traveling to a fire or an alarm of fire or any other circumstance when life or property is reasonably considered to be in danger", as you will find in the "interpretations / definitions" at the start of the local law.

Parking on a footpath to grab a pic of a new LT is hardly in the course of his or her duties nor is it consistent with the what the intent of the Parking Local Law. The local law certainly would not expect every ambo, fire truck, police car, other special purpose vehicles to park on any footpath whenever they want, nor was the emergency vehicle exemptions written for this purpose.

One could also argue from the expedient portion to - as there is no fire it could hardly be considered expedient to park there.

So all up probably not the right thing to do.

EDIT: Sorry FastLane, should have clarified my post - my intent reads wrong as I have left out the crucial point. I was not really posting about the parking of THIS LT, rather the point was to the legislation of emergency vehicle exemptions, as when I was involved in BFB's via local government, one of out LT's got pinged for parking over time limit in the City while on business (obviously not at a fire). Despite our letters to get him off the City mention that if he did not wish to pay it Court was his optioin!!

HAs been a long day and its 42 here :?
Last edited by Ambul8 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ambul8 - if u break urself i'll fix u! Maybe...
ImageImage
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

ok, fair cop, however, it certainly wasn't there for the purpose of a 'photo shoot' or 'getting lunch'... that is something that is definately irresponsible.

comes down to context (which no-one but those at that place at that moment would know).. I will remember not to post pictures in the future (and this wasn't a jab at you Ambul8!)!
Last edited by Fastlane on Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thedonbeech

Post by thedonbeech »

Please keep posting Pics!!! Don't let to the wowsers ruin everything. Just be careful (as the police officer learnt whose photo of his patrol car on the footpath was printed in inside cover!).

For the record I do work as a Ranger, and yes I hate parking inspectors. I work for a large shire which doesn't worry about parking. I have never issued an infringement to a police, fire, ambulance or ses. However I have seen them illegally parked many times. Fastlane is quiet correct that Ranger/Parking Inspectors do not know why the vehicle is illegally parked as it could be there for a legimate reason. Even Subway can still have armed holdups and fire alarms.

The people who complain about vehicles parked over footpaths are often blind people, people in wheelchairs and parents with prams. Blind people often injury themselves on the car and people in wheelchairs get bogged on the verge area.

Some footpaths are privately owned which means council can NOT issue infringements/cautions on this land without a prior legal agreement with the owner of the land. The footpath in this photo could easily be on private property.

Just using photo evidence is dodgy as the date,time and location of the offence are required to write an infringement or caution. Obviously the photographer is the only one knows all this information. People send council photos of illegally parked cars all the time. All the councils that I know of take no action in relation the matter as an authorised officer should witness the parking offence. This is incase the matter ends up in court.
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

I don't believe anybody should be picking on something as little as that. It's all you people that pick on petty stupid things that make the normal people stop posting pics. They're sharing a pic for members to look at, they don't want to be criticized because of where they are parked. It's a kerb, Boo Hoo.
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

lol hey hey that my new car... yayayayy had to sell the bike sorry guys..
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
thedonbeech

Post by thedonbeech »

no, it's idiots that send the photos to inside cover that ruin it for everyone.

I was just pointing out you have to be very careful these days...

Especially with Trial by media (youtube police burnouts video, footpath police photo today).
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

For all they/you know, that vehicle was parked at the scene of a fire... Would it still be so wrong for it to be parked there if it was saving someones house?
thedonbeech

Post by thedonbeech »

exactly!!!
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I saw a city of perth inspectors give one of its own maintence trucks a ticket for parking in the taxi rank.

What happened to the LT ? pic
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Taken down after much criticism I presume?