The News Thread

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

I think youll find that the majority of those sort of people would tell you to off if you even suggested the concept of rehab. I agree it would be a better outcome but realistically it probably is now just another wasted hospital bed that someone who actually deserves it could be occupying.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

I personally think that is all abit harsh ... and we are all entitled to our opinions as all of us are...

BUT... - Rather than say Good-ridance to the person, spare a thought on their circumstances on how they came to be in the state that they were to result to sniff solvents etc... I personally feel for the person... We are all human beings.. It's just society and Govt - that is letting them down with not providing adequate Support and Rehab options then offering a worth while reward...

Sorry just my 2 cents worth....
George.
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
RubberDucky
Banned

Post by RubberDucky »

gkoutlis wrote:I personally think that is all abit harsh ... and we are all entitled to our opinions as all of us are...

BUT... - Rather than say Good-ridance to the person, spare a thought on their circumstances on how they came to be in the state that they were to result to sniff solvents etc... I personally feel for the person... We are all human beings.. It's just society and Govt - that is letting them down with not providing adequate Support and Rehab options then offering a worth while reward...

George.
I agree.
"Quack Quack" Rubber Ducky - Sesame Street
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

Maybe it is a bit harsh but "society and government" cant always be blamed for someones stupidity, at some stage people have to take some responsibility for their own actions and not always have that card to fall back on.
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

gkoutlis wrote:I personally think that is all abit harsh ... and we are all entitled to our opinions as all of us are...

George.
as much as i feel sorry i don't this guy was a (scuse my french) him and his family harrass innocent people every day throw rubbish over our front lawn abuse our friends who r visiting us so i dont have any sympathy wats so every
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
jasonjag
Banned

You are right there

Post by jasonjag »

George.
I feel your comments are right there "George", he is in a critial condition fighting for life in the burns unit,,, jj
Last edited by jasonjag on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RubberDucky
Banned

Post by RubberDucky »

munchkin1981 wrote:

George.
as much as i feel sorry i don't this guy was a prick(scuse my french) him and his family harrass innocent people every day throw rubbish over our front lawn abuse our friends who r visiting us so i dont have any sympathy wats so every
Given that people don't naturally tend toward this kind of behaviour, here is an example that this person has become a victim of their circumstance which may well have developed over generations as they have further failed to connect to society.
"Quack Quack" Rubber Ducky - Sesame Street
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

munchkin1981 wrote:

George.
as much as i feel sorry i don't this guy was a (scuse my french) him and his family harrass innocent people every day throw rubbish over our front lawn abuse our friends who r visiting us so i dont have any sympathy wats so every
Thats the exact reason i have no sympathy, i knew that there would be people out there like munchkin that would have been harrassed and abused by the likes of this person and i also knew that there would be people who would be willing to stick up for him and all but excuse this sort of behaviour. THEY dont live near him and have to put up with his behaviour mind you...
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

even better now one of his alcoholed influced family members just broke into my neighbours house and threatned me cos i would give him money or a lift
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

Yeah, thats right guys, its not "their" fault, society and government have failed them, perhaps we should reward their behaviour as a goodwill gesture?
Leigh
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Leigh »

And to you munchkin, lets hope they clean themselves up in a single vehicle accident real soon!
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

OK folks, this has gone far enough.

If you feel the urge to climb on a soapbox, please do it somewhere else, thanks.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

I cant find my soap - box - where do I purchase one?
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

me gives u her spare one or try big w
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short