WARNING ABSTRACT THINKING AHEAD.....

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

Antt
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Antt »

Every now and again the most random stuff pops into my head and intrigues me i just thought id share with you some of my random thoughts and see what you guys think...

seeing how there are only so many notes in music, and there will is only a said amount of variants to every note. Once all the possible combinations have been used how would it be possible for there to ever be new music again.

Like right now bands are covering old songs and re hashing them to their own style, and constantly looking for this new sound, but eventually wont there be no other possible combinations.... I'm not saying this will ever happen in our lifetime or the next, but it will eventually happen,

just wondering if anyone agrees with me or what everyone else thinks.

I'm probably totally wrong here but i like to think about these things, makes life interesting.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

I want a baggie of whatever you are getting man.
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

Yep your right Antt not in our lifetime.

Most bands these days write music around the tuning of 440 hertz but as an example only recently when grunge came out big time in the 90's most of those bands tuned down and hence the slightly different sound (lower sounding chords/notes) matched with a different take on vocals/back ups.

Music will always evolve but the variance comes in the form of styles, attitude, beats, effects, time signatures, electronics, tuning, chord structures, light & shade, tension and release, recording technology, bending notes, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah.

Music as such hasn't changed much in centuries only the way its played and written.

Generally speaking there are only seven octives (see a typical pianos keyboard) and seven notes (plus variants) within each octive as it has been since the first song written.

Hope this helps...
Antt
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Antt »

Always RX wrote:I want a baggie of whatever you are getting man.
no drugs just think wayyyyyy to much lol
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Stop thinking and get a job you bum! Haha jokes :P
Antt
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Antt »

I also think its possible to look back in time theoretically. like scientists theorize that some of the stars we see in our skies have been extinct for over 100 years and the light we are seeing is the light that has been projected out but just hasn't made it to earth yet if this is true would it then be possible to establish some sort of device to catch the light that is being reflected from earth at some said distance light years away and be able to look back in time?? The light is being reflected not projected however but the principle it still the same

mind you i have no idea how you would create such a device to catch the light haven't got that far lol

Ive probably just made myself out as a crack pot to everyone on here but i find all of this stuff facinating
silent_wingz

Post by silent_wingz »

Antt wrote:catch the light that is being reflected from earth
The light is not coming from earth, it is coming from the sun. It is only being reflected to earth. So even if it were possible (which its not) you could only look into the sun's past.