Ben Cousins

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

Should Ben Cousins be sacked from the West Coast Eagles?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes: 43

Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Ben Cousins

Post by Donga »

Well as we have heard there has been another incident with Ben Cousins at the West Coast Eagles. The idea of this poll is to see what all WARSUG members feel about Ben Cousins. Should they sack him or keepp him and why have you come to the decision. I will start the ball rolling I feel as tho Ben Cousins should be sacked I as a West Coat Eagle Supporter have had enough of his antics and feel he has had too many bad reports about him. They got ri of Gardiner for drink driving yet Cousins has done a lot worse it appears that he is untouchable I feel to set an example to the players they should sack him.
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

What has been cousins done worse.....

And the other Incident you are talking about is failing to turn up to training.

I think he deserves a break to reflect on a few things for sure, but The Eagles need him...
"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got"
xli

Post by xli »

I'll be honest, i dont actually follow the sport.. but i've heard him alot in the news (in bad scenarios, but having said that you rarely hear news giving good news these days).. im honestly surprised he's still in the club with all thats happened, but from what i've heard he's the clubs best player, so they'd likely suffer loosing him.

but at least the indefinite suspensions a start..
silent_wingz

Post by silent_wingz »

Hes not going anywhere... they need him
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

i think he just think hes the best and is know to hang out with these no gooder ppl
good riddance

i am an avid freo supporter though :P

my 2c :wink:

chris
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

huh what's he done now?? I'm a hockey player so don't follow AFL, but my Training officer at SES follows the Weasels

oh I mean the Eagles.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Well football's a rather silly game to me, so what happens to him really doesn't matter much :)

But what I *do* know of the Eagles, Ben Cousins seems to be hitting the headlines for all the wrong reasons, so I suspect that the club has done this to preserve itself.

After all, the sport should be bigger than the teams, and the teams should be bigger than the individuals. If the individual isn't being a "team player" then what they've done is probably the right thing from the team's perspective.

... If that makes any sense at all :)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

It certainly does make sense. I'm with you Zebedee, I don't follow the game that much, or care about it :)
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

Thanks for the responses so far. Chicky being the eagle fan that you are what do you think should happen to Cousins?
radiohead
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by radiohead »

I agree with Ludy.. :smt045
><((((º>··`·...·`·...·`··><((((º>
Bobby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Bobby »

I think that the media have a lot to answer for. We do not know what is actually wrong with Ben, we are just being provided with speculation through the media. For all we know, it may not be drug related. Sure, he has behaved fairly averagely over the past year, but it is not only drugs that can affect people in that way. And I don't think being hounded by the media is going to make the situation any better. I think the media needs to give the guy some time to deal with whatever demons he needs to, and let him do it in private.
rambler318

Post by rambler318 »

Ludacris wrote:What has been cousins done worse.....

I think he deserves a break to reflect on a few things for sure, but The Eagles need him...
How many breaks does one deserve? Face it you can only tread on your old mate so many times before it is unaceptable. The sooner you tired west cost supporters realise that the better off you will be. Shit the way you are all pissing and moaning anyone would think he was dead. Maybe you all need to do the same thing Ben does GROW UP. :evil:
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

rambler318 wrote: The sooner you tired west cost supporters realise that the better off you will be. Shit the way you are all pissing and moaning anyone would think he was dead. Maybe you all need to do the same thing Ben does GROW UP. :evil:
HAHAHAHA......spoken like a true dockers supporter :lol:
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

How many 28yr olds do you know that have achieved so much in their lives? I don't know any.... I support Ben and the decision made by the Eagles. Let him sort out his life, and try to get back on track. He's a great footballer, regardless if he plays for the Eagles or not. Fame and fortune are sometimes a hindrance.
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

rambler318 wrote:
Ludacris wrote:What has been cousins done worse.....

How many breaks does one deserve? Face it you can only tread on your old mate so many times before it is unaceptable. The sooner you tired west cost supporters realise that the better off you will be. Shit the way you are all pissing and moaning anyone would think he was dead. Maybe you all need to do the same thing Ben does GROW UP. :evil:
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got"