Some questions

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

JG-103

Some questions

Post by JG-103 »

I was just wondering if some of the officers on this forum (and everyone can contribute) can answers some questions that have iv been wondering about:

I remember reading ages ago about a sting being setup to catch peope eating whilst driving... if you get caught eating or drinking (non-alcoholic drink) whilst driving, can you be charged with an offence ? If so what do u get for it ?

secondly.. you know how in american police chases you sometimes get truck drivers and other people in their cars trying to stop (and sometimes stopping) the vehicle being chased.. whats your thoughts and opinions on this ?? Would you rather them not get involved at all ?

Thanks in advance
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Interesting questions :)

*IF* any police officer forum members choose to give an answer, then to anyone else reading this thread, please remember that it's their own opinion as a private person, and not the official word from WAPOL.

In other words, don't even think about trying "but he said..." to try and wriggle out of anything later :)

Cheers,
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Other members should also feel free to give their thoughts and opinions too :D
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

I assume they would definately NOT want people attempting to stop or block a car being chased. Though the person would have good intentions, in reality they are more likely to delay the police or get themselves injured.

I think eating and drinking whilst driving would have a similar charge to talking on your mobile. Though, I doubt many police would actually enforce it, more likely a warning...

Seeing people READ whilst driving gets me.
thedonbeech

Post by thedonbeech »

ROAD TRAFFIC ACT 1974 - SECT 62.

Careless driving
62 . Careless driving

Every person who drives a motor vehicle without due care and attention commits an offence.

Penalty: 12 PU.
$600

Proving it is the problem for police. Usually a crash or incident has to take place to prove the charge
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

in regard to ur second question i believe the police shuld be the ones doin this inly unless u know u are definitly gunna stop the perp without injuring urself or others or damaging ur stuff

my 2c

chris
imacop

Post by imacop »

Turbo wrote:I think eating and drinking whilst driving would have a similar charge to talking on your mobile. Though, I doubt many police would actually enforce it, more likely a warning...

Seeing people READ whilst driving gets me.
nah, applying makup on the move. head in the rear view mirror, steering with their elbows... then they speed because they're late... :roll:
imacop

Post by imacop »

thedonbeech wrote:ROAD TRAFFIC ACT 1974 - SECT 62.
62 . Careless driving
Every person who drives a motor vehicle without due care and attention commits an offence.
Penalty: 12 PU. $600
Proving it is the problem for police. Usually a crash or incident has to take place to prove the charge
like thedon said. careless driving is careless driving.