anyone living in the nannup AREA? Need ur help plz

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu FT-857 Yaesu FT7800 Icom ID800H

anyone living in the nannup AREA? Need ur help plz

Post by slipknot »

Hi All.
Anyone living in the nannup area or surrounding areas? If you can recieve GWN then you can help me. there are 2 GWN Transmitions, one for donw south one ofr up north each with differnt ads. i need to knwo weather you in nannup can recieve up north ads on the gwn you recieve. you could even be getting both , meaning you have two gwn channels on your TV , one with a 2 second deylay. basicly check both of them during your next 1 hour session say during the news. ads like
"centro caratha" shopping center, sorry for all those living there, i spelt it wrong, south headland shopping center, kalgollie bolder shop lokally.
blue scope steel i think is a up north ad, .

accidently, we used to get both GWNs aswell here in margaret river. it was better.

you helping me to try this is a start.

Thankyou for your remote help.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

dont forget the JG steel company :P
Nick
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Nick »

I seriously hope that i get a serious (not smartass) reply to this.GWN transmits to Nannup via a terrestrial service that is full of local ad's.There is a selfhelp/blackspot transmitter that rebroadcasts the satellite signal also sent out via GWN on the Optus C1 satellite. The program that is received a split second/several seconds later is from the satellite.The C1 programs also have the statewide advertisements. This is receivable in any part of Australia but only in WA legally.Some people have a Card that picks up all of the Australian regional broadcasters like Imparja, Central7 and others ,but you need a satellite decoder and the magic(and illegal)card.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Thats the Aurora service isn't it Nick?
Nick
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Nick »

Yes ,that is correct . enables those in the outback/regional areas to receive clear tv. also available in some city areas subject to reception of the major networks being available.
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by slipknot »

so what about the up north ads, there is also a broasdcast of gwn on optus b3 , i duno weather thats the up north gwn ? C1 is the south west transmition i think, kalgoolie have a up north transmitter but no sign of any tererestrialy links going to it, i think it might be a satalite dish thats conencted to thre transmitter tower and basicy points to optus b3 for a signal. up north gwn.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Nick wrote:I seriously hope that i get a serious (not smartass) reply to this.
Slipknot was mentioning the adds on the up north gwn... i helped him out by mentioning JG steel company which is an add on the up north gwn..
slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by slipknot »

so you live in nannup and you can recieve up north ads on gwn and not mistaking them for win tv?
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Nah i dont. But iv spent a fair bit of time in Dongara who get the up north gwn... u know... coz its up north.. :roll:
Nick
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Nick »

I lived down south and used to install aurora packages. From my recollection all satellite (except Major centres) receive Statewide ads.Major centres have local ads in the same time slot. local selfhelp (Augusta ,Nannup etc run Statewide ads).