anyone know a term or genre for that upbeat kind of jazz

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

slipknot
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu FT-857 Yaesu FT7800 Icom ID800H

anyone know a term or genre for that upbeat kind of jazz

Post by slipknot »

Hi all.
Im looking for a name , genre or expression i can use to search and download some music.

im looking for that upbeat kind of music. you may have seen in sister ct 2 the movie, and it starts off with the pictures riding through las vagas with upbeat jazz music playing.

thats the type of music im looking for. now all i need is a keyword or type of music or genre or album ect to use to search and download.

if anyone can help me it would be muchly appreciated.

Thankyou.
Millsy

Re: anyone know a term or genre for that upbeat kind of jazz

Post by Millsy »

slipknot wrote:Hi all.
Im looking for a name , genre or expression i can use to search and download some music.

im looking for that upbeat kind of music. you may have seen in sister ct 2 the movie, and it starts off with the pictures riding through las vagas with upbeat jazz music playing.

thats the type of music im looking for. now all i need is a keyword or type of music or genre or album ect to use to search and download.

if anyone can help me it would be muchly appreciated.

Thankyou.
Swing ... Big Band... :lol: Jazz ?
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

I have just watched the scene in question from what I have heard I am guessing modern Jazz might be the best thing to search for. Its a genre of music I dont know much about so I could be completely wrong I am sure we would have a jazz lover on here who could help alot better.
nickperth

Jazz ?

Post by nickperth »

I think you MAY find it is known as PROGRESSIVE JAZZ. At least it was in the UK as I have a good friend that gets into it.
Nick

VKS-737 - Whisky 1357
Volunteer Firefighter
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Possibly may have some luck with BEE BOP although this is a style you either love or hate!! It has a very 'brassy' sound like BIG BAND, but is generally faster and more up-beat.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!