Save our sport!

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

JG-103

Save our sport!

Post by JG-103 »

Do you like watching your sport on TV for free???
If your answer is yes, then go to this site
www.savemysport.com.au

Otherwise we might be soon having to pay to watch AFL, Cricket, tennis and all the sport we watch on tv for free!!!
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Re: Save our sport!

Post by vk6hgr »

JG-103 wrote:Otherwise we might be soon having to pay to watch AFL, Cricket, tennis and all the sport we watch on tv for free!!!
If I had my way, it'd all be on Foxtel :-)
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

Why is that, Gav? I for one can't afford Foxtel and enjoy watching telly knowing that I haven't had to pay for it. I just can't justify the $$$$ paid for Foxtel. How much do you pay per month and what do you get for the money?
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

Go FTA...........Not

Like I want to stay up till 11.10pm to watch the 2006 NRL Grand Final. Like I enjoy watching delayed telecasts here in the West because it clashes with Home and Away.

Let the highest bidder win

Walks.

p.s. Yes I have foxtel :twisted:
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

Foxtel is an absalute RIP-OFF!!would rather my sport for free.Have had friends that have had foxtel and it is a waste of money.Half the time the channel are scambled!!As for how much it costs depends on the package you get.
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Half the time the channel are scambled!!
Sorry mate you have to be 18+ years to watch the adult channels.
:wink:
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

:lol: :lol: You'll keep Tom!! :lol: :lol:
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

I just polled on that site... The numbers say it all - 93% of nearly 10,000 votes don't want to pay for sport on TV :P
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

Chicky wrote:I just polled on that site... The numbers say it all - 93% of nearly 10,000 votes don't want to pay for sport on TV :P
Hehe. I detect a bit of bias on the site there :wink:

Actually I think I might just be getting a bit crusty in my old age but all I see of professional sport is just a brand being peddled to make money for merchandisers, broadcasters and bookmakers. They hope that hoping some of the rabid loyalty fans have to their clubs will wash off and help sell the beer and tshirts.

The players, young men barely out of their teens, are paid ridiculous salaries just to play a sport. Then they're idolised as heros because they happen to be good atheletes, while the people in our society who really deserve ticker tape parades in recognition of ther efforts are quietly forgotten.

The whole lot stopped being an athletic contest long ago and that's made it not worth watching. Put the stuff on Foxtel where it can have a dedicated channel to play the games on good time slots.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

I disagree, why should we have to pay to watch sport that we watch for free (and take for granted)!!! Not all of us can afford pay tv
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

I am a big fan of TV - I watch it as often as I can - I know foxtel is expensive but I would pay it in a heart beat if I could get it (rental house). Its not so cool when I have a 58" TV and only 4 channles :cry:
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

If i could afford foxtel i would have it too. Just think, many of us would have missed the AFL grand final if it was only on pay tv :(
dave
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dave »

Turbo wrote:I am a big fan of TV - I watch it as often as I can - I know foxtel is expensive but I would pay it in a heart beat if I could get it (rental house). Its not so cool when I have a 58" TV and only 4 channles :cry:
Just a little curious Turbo, have you actually asked your landlord if you can get foxtel installed, as far as I know most landlords don't have a problem with it, all my houses have had foxtel, and i have had no prolems when I have asked
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Turbo wrote:I am a big fan of TV - I watch it as often as I can - I know foxtel is expensive but I would pay it in a heart beat if I could get it (rental house). Its not so cool when I have a 58" TV and only 4 channles :cry:
58" ? geebus!

The irony of course with Foxtel etc, is the picture quality doesnt come close to some of what you can get on Free-to-Air Digital.. so it'd probably suck muchly on such a big (presumably HD?) TV..
Kinetic
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Kinetic »

God damn, so you when you having a movie night?