Save our sport!

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Haha - every night is a movie night at my place...

Dave - I have not actually asked the landlord but isnt Foxtel on about a 1 or 2 year contract? If I move can I bring it with me? Should probably call Foxtel and find out ey.
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

Yes you can bring fotel with you but when they install it in the new house you have to pay a connection fee again.
orac68

Post by orac68 »

Picture quality depends on the bandwidth used on each channel, which does vary. Anyone with Foxtel in particular digital might have noticed the difference between say Showtime Ch and Sky Ch for example.
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

My parents have just bought a 60" Plasma... And I havn't found the picture from foxtel to be very good. Some channels being very Pixelated. . . Just what i've found.
Last edited by Millsy on Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

Millsy wrote:My parents have just bought a 63" Plasma... And I havn't found the picture from foxtel to be very good. Some channels being very Pixelated. . . Just what i've found.
Wait until you watch sport on a plasma it is absolutely shocking. I would not waste my money on one from what I have seen they are not that good unless you set them up correctly or have them professionally installed.
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Donga wrote:Wait until you watch sport on a plasma it is absolutely shocking. I would not waste my money on one from what I have seen they are not that good unless you set them up correctly or have them professionally installed.
It is Plasma... LG Plasma.
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

Are they easier to install? I have just heard a lot of bad experiences with plasma and seen the picture quality on some not all are bad but the majority of the ones I have seen are. I know LG seem to be spot on with most things tho.
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Donga wrote:Are they easier to install? I have just heard a lot of bad experiences with plasma and seen the picture quality on some not all are bad but the majority of the ones I have seen are. I know LG seem to be spot on with most things tho.
Installing it on the wall was a bitch as you can imagin. 60" of TV in the old mans hands as her indoors tries to guide it on. The image from free to air TV is mint. It also has a built in set top box! Foxtel is the let down for me, Some channels are blurry and slow moving, Others are as good as Free to air though.
dave
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dave »

Turbo wrote:Haha - every night is a movie night at my place...

Dave - I have not actually asked the landlord but isnt Foxtel on about a 1 or 2 year contract? If I move can I bring it with me? Should probably call Foxtel and find out ey.
As Donga said, you can but you have to pay a reconnection fee, which I have now forgotten what it costs, but i was around the $150 mark give or take
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

YAY! I was telling my "fiance" (I hate thate word) that we should talk to the landlord about getting fox and how it is possible and then she let out a secret... She has already arranged it and bought it for me for my birthday later this month and it is getting installed in 8 days! She got Platinum with iQ so im happy. Cant wait... 8 more sleeps...
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

My missus used to work for the local LG repair shop and she was amazed at the amount of returns for bad pixallations, sound but no vision...to make matters worse because of the amount of incoming work there was a backlog which meant a long wait for repairs...Oh and a big tip, if you have or know of someone that does have a rear projection set up, tell them to never let cigarette smoke near the screens, it stuffs them up big time apparently.

Sorry if i've digressed...
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

Q: Then why are the free to air networks making this claim?

A" The free-to-air networks have engaged in a misleading scare campaign to intimidate the Federal Parliament. They want to stop the Federal Parliament implementing the new scheme that will enable more sport to be aired on Australian television. The free to air networks want to protect their own interests, not the interests of Australian sports fans.
Hmmm... Interesting :smt017
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

Kinetic wrote:
Turbo wrote:I am a big fan of TV - I watch it as often as I can - I know foxtel is expensive but I would pay it in a heart beat if I could get it (rental house). Its not so cool when I have a 58" TV and only 4 channles :cry:
God damn, so you when you having a movie night?
and in English that means??? LOL
"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got"
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Which part is confusing you?