Heres a laugh

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

JG-103

Heres a laugh

Post by JG-103 »

Hey all, heres a laugh for ya's

Took my car down to the drags on wed and went up against a HSV Clubsport

Heres the link to the video clip of my first run
(i suggest turning down your sound though)

http://tinyurl.com/zq9k6

I actually ran a 19.180
and my best run was a 19.098

In the end i packed the parachute for nothin!!!
brad_88

Post by brad_88 »

hahahahahhahahahaha man your a legend lol. hahaha good on ya lol
Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

Mate you nearly had him. Another hundred metres and you would have blown the clubbys doors off.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

:D yeah, his terminal speed was 175.33 kmph to my blazingly fast 109.22 kmph lol

His time was 12.496 seconds

At least i bet him off the line in the second run but it still didnt prevent me from getting flogged :smt042
Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

Next time open her up and you will beat him, go for at least half power, you dont want to shame him.

Does it cost much to enter? I have a rexie and being on the good side of the law and knowing Danny I cannot wind it up. It would be nice to take it there for a play.
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Speaking of danny.

The first thing he did when I met him was to inspect the tread on my rear wheels.

Talk about a true traffic copper.. :evil:
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

It cost $40 and is def worth it.

drags start at 1800 and go till 2200, i started at 19.30 last wed and went till 2200 and got 5 runs in. Gates open at 1700

You will need:

a motocycle helmet
Long Sleeve tshirt or jumper
"road worthy vehicle"

they do a quick check but yeah, so long as you dont have bald tyres, no breaks or a yellow sticky then you be ok.

Ill be there this wed to put that clubsport to shame :wink:
(he gave me $50 for entry this week :D )
Last edited by JG-103 on Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

Thats Danny alright, he loves it. He is what you would expect from a traffic coppa. Before I worked with them I thought they were all nazis as the rumours go but he is not, nor the rest of the Teg guys. I should stop or he will get a big head, sorry bigger head.

Danny still loves a yellow licky though.
Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

Cheers JG-103<

I am on days this week so if I am not too tired after working at the bloody royal show then I will gather a few of the boys and come down. I am sure I can scrounge up a helmet from somewhere.

Thanks for the info mate.
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Helmet must have the Aus Standards sticker on it too and not be too beaten up. If you cant get one PM me and I will lend ya mine.
Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

Turbo wrote:Helmet must have the Aus Standards sticker on it too and not be too beaten up. If you cant get one PM me and I will lend ya mine.
Thanks mate. I have been meaning to message you anyway. Remember that chase that you and your boss came to about 3 weeks back. The one on Vincent and Charles from memory. With the car full of weapons, do you guys keep the footage. Apparently I was on the news and my team fined me accordingly, so if you can get hold of it can I get a copy off you so I know what I am paying for.

Thanks mate
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

Haha sorry mate - but we did warn everyone about the hats :smt018

I think it was wiped by now but I will have a look and get back to ya over the next couple of days.

Sorry bout that...

EDIT: Found It! PM sent.
Robo
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Robo »

Turbo wrote:Haha sorry mate - but we did warn everyone about the hats :smt018

I think it was wiped by now but I will have a look and get back to ya over the next couple of days.

Sorry bout that...

EDIT: Found It! PM sent.
Thanks mate, I will PM you the details.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Cheers to Ludacris and Walks for saying hello at the drags tonight, dunno if they came down to cheer me on or not but much appreciated anyways. :smt023

Put the tires down too low (21psi) and so ran worse than last week, expect for 2 or 3 runs. :(

Got told by Lud and Walks to run her lean so i did and in the second last run did a P.B of 19.037 seconds :D

Ill be down there this wed's so if yout there, come and say hello, just look for the little white festiva - im the only one willing to put it down the 1.4 mile so im easy to find, just ask ludacris and walks :smt042

Hoping to run under 19 seconds on wed :lol:
Walks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Walks »

Told ya you would go close to an 18 sec without the air restriction 8)

I will be down there one day this summer......have a PB of 14.133 to beat.....and now have a new tune.

Walks.
I was there when they flicked the switch
June 2, 2008