Abandoned vehicle

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

TookaChinchilla

Re: Abandoned vehicle

Post by TookaChinchilla »

Most local governments allow businesses and strata companies to enter into agreements enabling the local government to enforce its local laws on their land (usually carparks).

When I was a ranger we had an agreement with a strata company in Maylands and we regularly entered onto their property (a large complex of units, townhouses) and gave parking infringements and towed abandoned vehicles.

This may be a good option for you if WAPOL dont take any action. Im not sure how much the service costs though...
yorky

Post by yorky »

Funny you should mention that, our strata doesn't cover the section of carpark that the vehicle is in!
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
yorky

Post by yorky »

Well update after SA Police forwarded details to WA Police, nothing happened its still sitting there :(
modernmind

Post by modernmind »

Push it out onto the sidewalk and call the rangers. No law against pushing a motor vehicle, not that im aware of anyway. Cant be done for stealing either as theres no fraudulent intent.
yorky

Post by yorky »

To push the vehicle you would have to make entry into the vehicle to take it out of gear, does this not break any laws?

Anyway, good news everyone! The vehicle magically disappeared only this week! No idea who took it, the battery was dead so I doubt it was hot wired and taken again I'd only assume the Police finally acted on SA Police info or maybe the owners of the business in front of the car bay (new people just moved in) might have pushed some buttons.