Aviation Photos

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

Nafenn

Aviation Photos

Post by Nafenn »

I can't believe no-one has done this yet... anyway. Pics from the Pearce Airshow:

A couple of the RAAF Roulettes - the Australian Air Force Display team, consisting of 6 highly experienced Instructors, who fly PC-9A Aircraft, the advanced trainer ussed by the RAAF.

Also on show, the 2 of the 3 variants of F/A 18 used by the RAAF - the F/A 18 A Hornet, and F/A 18 F Rhino, aka the "Super Hornet" (The Replacement to the F-111 Aardvark, known affectionately as the Pig)

Along with the flying displays, there were some static displays on the ramp.

KC-30 (Military Variant of the Airbus A330) Multi Role Tanker Transport aircraft - used for Personell and Cargo transport, along with Airbourne Re-Fuelling

Boeing C-17 Globemaster III Transporter. Highly regarded for it's load capacity, and short field takeoff and landing capability.

And the Boeing AEW&C (Airbourne Early Warning and Control)

The highlight of the day for some... one of the US Air Force's B-52 Stratofortress Heavy Bombers, which did a couple of fly pasts, as part of a 17 hour mission.

Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!