Ben Cousins arrested

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

BLiNG

Post by BLiNG »

Fastlane wrote:
BLiNG wrote:Edit: Allegedly driving while under the influence of drugs. Kiss goodbye your career Benny.

Haha he may become the first person charged under those new drug-driving laws. What an idiot!

8)
I doubt a charge like that would have you being questioned by Major Crime... (which is what has been reported)
Well you appear to be wrong. He was stopped for his erratic driving, drugs were found in the car. He was questioned by major crime because he was stopped by major crime.

The only reason he hasn't been charged for driving under the influence of drugs is because he refused the driver assessment. Chick was there trying to calm him down - he had previously been walking through Northbridge with his shirt off, and was stumbling all over the place... because, you guess it - he was high.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

I really think its sad that some people are still trying to defend him. Listening to the radio now and people are calling up and going on about trials by media and that hes innocent until proven guilty. It's really sad and really embaressing to me to think that there are people so niave as to think that he's still the best thing to since sliced bread.

Imho these will be the same people who will bitch about an aboriginal female who may do the exact same thing, or a young man who breaks into houses to support the very same habit. Does that make him any worse then ben cousins?

I dont think so. Mr Cousins has had more then enough support and has has many many more chances then anyone else and really has no excuse. I dont care about him and i never have because i dont follow football but i really think its sad that this is all it takes to reveal the double standards in australia.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

I have been an eagles member for 15 years and up until yesterday i was willing to forgive Ben for his problems. I am not naive enough to believe that he is the only AFL player involved in this behaviour and I hope all of this will scare a few others away from this lifestyle. It is so sad that such a talented guy can throw his life away for the sake of getting wasted , I have watched friends do it , and there is nothing you can say to them that will make them stop. These drugs get you by the balls and you start to invent your own logic...you start to believe your own bullshit. Ben driving around with this stuff in his own car is proof of that.
We gave you a chance , we trusted you to do the right thing....thanks for nothing....Screw you Ben!
Rockjet
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Rockjet »

Speaking as a very passionate Eagles Fan, I gave him the benifit of the doubt and hoped he was rehabilitated. But this time its all over red rover, he needs to walk away from footy and the Eagles need to sack him indefinately. The AFL also needs to take a serious stand with the Eagles over this and issue some big fines.

Ben, you have let your club/teamates and your fans down, but worst of all you have let yourself down.

:evil:
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

we're the eagles.... and we're driving high!
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Fastlane wrote:we're the eagles.... and we're driving high!
ROFL
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Bahahaha GOLD!
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

Good one Fastlane!! :smt082
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

vk6hgr wrote:
Good one Fastlane!! :smt082
I can't take credit. It came from a friend in Melbourne :P
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

In breaking news: Water Wet, Sky Blue.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

[quote="Schism_"]In breaking news: Water Wet, Sky Blue.[/quote]

How did you find this amongst all the cousins crap in the paper ( must have been pg 30). Hurry up eagles and sack him so i can read something worth reading.
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Press conference at 7pm Channel 7... to tell us what we already know.
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

Hmmm..... Diazepam. :?
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Thats what i did too chicky...I was told it was Diazepam...and then I went Hmmmmm ...this was not the substance i thought it was going to be. I am sure we are being served a hearty meal of bullshit and somehow I just cant see the police arresting him the way they did for having a few prescription relaxants in his possesion...something just sounds wierd about the story now.
BLiNG

Post by BLiNG »

It was definitely only a prescription drug... it's refusing the drug test that pissed the cops off.

Sacking him for diazepam is a bit ridiculous. I don't like Ben Cousins (and I hate the WCE with a passion) but surely we can't compare illegally possessing diazepam to possessing speed or cocain? Can we?