Question for our media guys

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

chrissss

Post by chrissss »

yeah right at least i can undersatnd wat they are sayin the lyrics actually make sense rather than senseless gay screaming

chris
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

gotta side with chris on this one.. although punk isnt my cup of tea, I'd rather listen to it than metal, which I struggle to class as 'music' !
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Last edited by jmmw on Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

jmmw wrote:the guy who loves screamo is talking about "senseless gay screaming"

""Screamo" is a music style that developed out of Emo, more specifically hardcore Emo, in the early 1990s. Characteristic of the genre are the screaming vocals (not growling). Other than that, it's fairly hard to classify (particularly since the rule about screaming vocals is bent fairly often). Sometimes also misreferred to as Emo Violence which is a closely related but not identical genre, though each genre borrow ideas from one another. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screamo"

http://www.jmmw.bigpondhosting.com/dontsayaword.mp3
http://www.jmmw.bigpondhosting.com/tallulah.mp3
-From the Power Metal band Sonata Arctica
seriously how do u class that as real metal??? thats soft as are u just trying to show ppl soft stuff so the rlike yer thats ok or do u not know wat real metal is?
hatebreed, soulfly, 36 crazy fists, dimi borgor

everyone has different likings for different reasons: i know wat real, good music is thats y i like wat i like
gotta side with chris on this one.. although punk isnt my cup of tea, I'd rather listen to it than metal, which I struggle to class as 'music' !
that'll be a first for u to agree wit me fastlane :lol:

chris
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

thats the metal stereotype, metal has a huge variety of tempos which means you can be listening to something slower which kicks into something fast without changing genre, metal isnt like screamo where it all sounds exactly the same because of the talent it takes to put a real song togethor.

bands like iced earth, sonata arctica, pathogen, in flames all have slower and instrumental songs because metal listeners arent narrow minded in such a way that if it doesnt sound EXACTLY like the genre specifys then its crap.

"Melodic death metal contains more melodic guitar riffs, solos, and acoustic guitar work than death metal. It also contains more understandable lyrics as well as coherent singing along with traditional death grunt vocals." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melodic_death_metal

Metal many subgenres
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_heavy_metal_genres
and each of these subgenres may have even more sub-subgenres

Though im not strictly a "metal head" i do enjoy how technical metal can get but i do listen to some punk ie offspring, billy talent, rise against ect also enjoy the some screamo vocal bands trivum, parkway drive ect

The two songs above are pretty much Power metal and Symphonic metal respectively.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Face it ... you're all wrong :)

The only music worth listening to is what they play on 94.5 !

:lol:

(Wow has this thread gone WAY off topic!!!)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

Zebedee wrote:Face it ... you're all wrong :)

I have noticed that. To bring it back for the moment still have not heard anything about presales yet. Tomorrow I might give Chugg a call to follow up on my previous phone calls. I guess then Zeb you like Gwen as they play her on 94.5 :lol:
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

Zebedee wrote:Face it ... you're all wrong :)

Yes that goes without saying though Doug, because you're OLDDDDDDD :lol:

Not sure what Donga's excuse is.... :roll:
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

rofl

94.5? if I was going to listen to that i'd rather listen to BBC world 24 hours a day...

nova 93.7 all the way :)
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

Bonez wrote:rofl

94.5? if I was going to listen to that i'd rather listen to BBC world 24 hours a day...

There are radio stations not on the scanner??? :shock:
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

meg wrote:
Bonez wrote:rofl

There are radio stations not on the scanner??? :shock:
Not sure about your scanner meg, but if I was desperate, I could listen to commercial radio on it :P
meg
Amateur callsign: VK6LUX
Scanners and Receivers: Yaesu: FT990, FT857, FT7800, VX7R. Icom: ID800H. Old RS scanner.

Post by meg »

Fastlane wrote:Not sure about your scanner meg, but if I was desperate, I could listen to commercial radio on it :P
heh - I haven't even programmed in the police channels - I really just tune into the fire stuff.

Speaking of music and radio stations I listen to RTR FM and ABC FM or else the iPod. I'm told my musical taste is "eclectic"...
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

There is nothing wrong with 94.5 Fastlane so don't knock it. In saying that tho of late I have been listening to Groove 101.7 my clienbts love it and it has started to grow on me. I use to listen to 92.9 alot before that tho. I have finally received an email advising me when the presale period will be for Gwen Stefani tickets it starts this Wednesday and finishes on Thursday I can't wait.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Jimmw is correct about Metal. Look at Slipknot for example, Wait and Bleed you listen to it once and you've heard all the words, and there's no screaming or anything, but in other songs, there is a lot more of that, or just very loud very fast singing so that is sounds just like a lot of noise. But I listen to all sorts of bands, Slipknot, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Trivium, Rammstein, Rob Zombie, Disturbed. They all have their Black Metal songs, as well as some of their Death Metal songs, although Rammstein less so.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Oh God, I didn't even notice this thred until now.

Music :D Groove Fm All the way 101.7 - No Adverts. Best Music.