Travelling abroad

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

trent wrote:Go and see your local GP in regards to any injections that you may have to get before travelling....
Also it may be a good idea to take some anti-nausea /anti-gastro medication, just incase you do get a little "Bangkok-Belly" ( Don't forget to declare.)

http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/
I take my wife and kids to Thailand every year we've never had needles. As for "bangkok-belly" never been crook and the street venders are all safe, especially close to hotels etc.
Pharmacies are awesome over there, pretty much anything over the counter with no requirement for scripts. We always get panadol, ibuprofen and penicillin for both us and the kids - just tick the box when returning through customs.
Formally ZO100, now KG100 :D
ubc 72xlt...ubc 60xlt...uh015sx
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

As mentioned above try not to take to much gear.... fill up the bags once ya over there.
If you don't have transfers arranged from the airport and are getting a taxi MAKE SURE you get a meter taxi and he's turns the meter on. A number of times I've hopped out of a moving vehicle with kids under arm because the meter isn't on (they soon stop and put it on!)
Trip into bkk from airport should be about 200baht but they will try to do a fixed price for 400baht+, I'm sure you can afford if extra $6.40 Au but its the principle that makes me jump out :lol:

Most of the people are just a frienldy smiley awesome group, you'll love it. Just remember to respect the King and anything to do with him (hope he gets well soon as he just had a CVA on Sat). Oh by the way females are not allowed to make physical contact with monks.

Don't give beggers any money either unless you have a pot of gold! they are trucked in in the early hours by the mafia so you're not actually really helping them a heck of a lot :(

ENJOY! we love the place 8)
Formally ZO100, now KG100 :D
ubc 72xlt...ubc 60xlt...uh015sx
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

no one seems to be taking my 'dont like the ground' comment seriously...?
come on.. its a legit item...!

haha - sorry bored.
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

Thanks to you all for your tips, and even to you, phreak about licking the ground ( :lol: ).

I will try and post while I'm away, but unfortunately alcohol will be coming before emails hehe......... 8)
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

Chicky wrote:Thanks to you all for your tips, and even to you, phreak about licking the ground ( :lol: ).
yay!

safe travels!
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter