Ever been hurt at work?

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

Delta_246

Ever been hurt at work?

Post by Delta_246 »

Post your stories.....

Back in London, when I was a wee lad fresh into the MET Police [bout 1weeks out]we responded to a robbery in process in a major shopping centre.

Arrived on scene to see the perp making a dash down the high street. I gave chase on foot while my partner took the car and called it in. He was a cheecky little prick and fast but my limbo 6ft 6inch frame certainly kept up with him.

Turned right down a alleyway then turned left up another busy street.....

By this time this foot chase had been going for about three minutes and officers had arrived at the other end of the street virtually blocking his escape path - abeit through the shops if he wanted to.

With a certain arrest in view all of a sudden to the left came a shopping trolly

BANG................................

I collided with the trolley sending myself spawling into a flower bed with the shopping trolley and contents.

After picking myself up covered in milk, mango's I felt a shearing pain in the left kneecap where it had connected with the trolley

My partner came down to help me first thing was

"Oh come on mate, we havn't got time to do the garden maybe later"

I was office bound for the rest of the day in custody limping, after my knee cap swelling to three times the normal size.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Did you catch the perp?
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

mmmm where do I start...
"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got"
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Fell through a manhole in the floor backstage at the Concert Hall a few years back. We pull the TV cables up through a 'trap door' in the back stage area, and no one had put the 'lid' back on. Just before the show, in substantial darkness, i stepped into it with my right leg, and dropped about a metre before getting wedged up under my right arm. Trip to the hospital with abrasions, soft tissue damage and a couple of bruised ribs :(
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

about 9 months back , working as a trolley boy at the time i was pushing a line of abot 12 trolleys down a hill with out a strap , very stupid , one of the trolleys came away from the rest and set course for a BMW M5 , i threw the remaining trolleys into a cerb to slow them down and i gave it legs , trying to catch up to the 12th trolley , i managed to belt my left knee cap of a ford's tow-ball and i hit the ground , the 12th trolley missed the bmw and the 11 trolleys hit a drain and stopped on their own, so it was all for nothing in the end..
Ambul8
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ambul8 »

Got me a splinter in me finger yesterday.
Ambul8 - if u break urself i'll fix u! Maybe...
ImageImage
brad_88

Post by brad_88 »

Lucas_arts_182 wrote:about 9 months back , working as a trolley boy at the time i was pushing a line of abot 12 trolleys down a hill with out a strap , very stupid , one of the trolleys came away from the rest and set course for a BMW M5 , i threw the remaining trolleys into a cerb to slow them down and i gave it legs , trying to catch up to the 12th trolley , i managed to belt my left knee cap of a ford's tow-ball and i hit the ground , the 12th trolley missed the bmw and the 11 trolleys hit a drain and stopped on their own, so it was all for nothing in the end..
ouch lol did anyone see ya do this?
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Brad Michau wrote:
Lucas_arts_182 wrote:about 9 months back , working as a trolley boy at the time i was pushing a line of abot 12 trolleys down a hill with out a strap , very stupid , one of the trolleys came away from the rest and set course for a BMW M5 , i threw the remaining trolleys into a cerb to slow them down and i gave it legs , trying to catch up to the 12th trolley , i managed to belt my left knee cap of a ford's tow-ball and i hit the ground , the 12th trolley missed the bmw and the 11 trolleys hit a drain and stopped on their own, so it was all for nothing in the end..
Hey being injured in the course of saving a M5 earns my respect.

I fell from scafolding after the railing swung out and landed in a tree and had a branch go through my my left and poke out behind my soleus (sp?) muscle. Doctor pulled the splinters out and cleaned and put a bandage on it.

Then i just walked it off. :lol:
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

Brad Michau wrote:
yeah a few customers at whitfords shop ,were i was working , in that underground car park oppersit bunnings, but no one payed that much attention to what was happening , rofl
woobla

Post by woobla »

A box of cheese once dropped on my foot at dominos pizza when I was a delivery boy a few years ago :D.

And

I was bitten by a poodle while delivering a fresh steaming.. I know what your thinking!! Pizza!..
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

did the poodle get their shots after that]
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
Penthrox

Post by Penthrox »

Um where do I start.

Fractured wrist, torn ligament in shoulder, concussion, bruises, bumps, cuts ETC

The joys of being a Crowd Controller (Bouncer for all you Politically Incorrect people) :)
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Penthrox wrote:Um where do I start.

Fractured wrist, torn ligament in shoulder, concussion, bruises, bumps, cuts ETC

The joys of being a Crowd Controller (Bouncer for all you Politically Incorrect people) :)
respect to you crowd controllers! as i do weekend work in a nightclub i only know too well some of the things you guys and girls have to put up with!..
Toys Adorable Gym Ebony Fucking Close-up Fisting Cum-Facial Nurse Fantasy Lick Voyeur Watersport Ethnic Pale Police Toon Foreplay Bikini Public Thong 4some Japanese Public Fat-Ass Rough-Sex Dyke Gorgeous Office Pussy Midget Clit Tied-up Bounce Tits Outdoor Big-Tits Hungarian Dorm Shower
Last edited by donks on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

What Nightclub Donks?
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

Working in disabilities I have had plenty of injuries. Last year I was bitten by a client, kicked in the face, hit to the groin and a punched to the face. All at seperate times. This year I might have to organise a body guard. Walks or any other serving WAPOL members are you available to be my personal body guard?