Chopper Crash

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Chopper Crash

Post by westernwedgey »

Another Robinson chopper gone down in Melb with tragic ending for the pilot

http://www.thewest.com.au/aapstory.aspx ... ame=447960
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Any news items should go in this thread.
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

WPXZBP wrote:Any news items should go in this thread.
is this saved and you just copy it every time someone creates a new news thread??? :D :D
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

spartacus wrote:
is this saved and you just copy it every time someone creates a new news thread??? :D :D
I should do that shouldn't I. I shouldn't need to do so though. :?
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

No they're pretty self explanatory :P
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
northeast

belly ache

Post by northeast »

spartacus wrote:
No, it just gives the Moderators some thing to belly ache every day, or they lock it,be more useful and move them to the correct location if you have so much to say about wrong posting,,,end
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: belly ache

Post by jmmw »

northeast wrote:
spartacus wrote:
No, it just gives the Moderators some thing to belly ache every day, or they lock it,be more useful and move them to the correct location if you have so much to say about wrong posting,,,end
Lol! Common sense FTW!
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

northeast wrote:No, it just gives the Moderators some thing to belly ache every day, or they lock it,be more useful and move them to the correct location if you have so much to say about wrong posting,,,end
If you have any complaints or criticism about the way the administration team are doing things, having a whinge in a thread is absolutely the wrong way to go about it.

This forum software won't allow us to move a post inside another thread, so locking or deleting are the only options.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

Zebedee wrote:
northeast wrote:No, it just gives the Moderators some thing to belly ache every day, or they lock it,be more useful and move them to the correct location if you have so much to say about wrong posting,,,end
If you have any complaints or criticism about the way the administration team are doing things, having a whinge in a thread is absolutely the wrong way to go about it.

This forum software won't allow us to move a post inside another thread, so locking or deleting are the only options.
Oh snap!

QFE

*Continues stirring the pot*
northeast

Post by northeast »

Zebedee wrote:

Fine answer,Quote: having a whinge in a thread is absolutely the wrong way to go about it. so dete it rather than childish locking it, still taking up space and for every one to still read.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

omg you guys are both sad
radiotech

Post by radiotech »

All this bantering over a thread that shouldn't exist really needs to stop, whether the moderators decide to copy + paste messages to make the poster aware that a current thread already exists is nothing to discuss. If this is a big issue like it appears to be for some of you, create a thread in the off-topic lounge with your thoughts on how it should be improved (there's no feedback forum) or contact someone the moderator involved.

Some constructive feedback on improvements would go a long way, to just add my view on how this should effectively work in accordance with not hitting people's nerves would be to just post a standard template message (like done above) and lock the topic. If thread are being removed or peoples posts are being deleted then that opens a gateway for people to accuse the moderators of foul play, which for the sake of the site's long standing good reputation isn't worth the hassle.

There is a phpBB merge feature available; (included in some versions)
http://www.phpbb.com/mods/db/index.php? ... ib_id=1261

- Lock this topic :)
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Locked.

Some people may have received a private message from me also.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.