Dante Arthurs

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

his in his 20s know,
He'll be in his mid 30s when he can be realeased.
His parole will probably be refused
He can reapply every three years or so.
By the time he is in his 40s he would have served at least 20 years, after thirty years he'd probably get it. (unfortunantly)
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Not as easy as you may think for the lifers to get there parole. There is heaps that have been knowcked back over 5 times. If each wait is roughly 3 years thats a good extension to there sentance. Birney is a great example of that.

As jim mc ginty has said today that he cant see any future attorney general ever releasing him. Yes though i agree at some point he will walk out which is more than the young girl. Very sad set of events, and really feel for the family and all involved or affected by the incident.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

You only hope that there is some way of rehabilitating these sorts of people. If they can be fixed then there is no further danger to society. It is a pity the police mucked his case up the first time as he would have been in prison and not at the shops. There is no way the family of the girl could ever be compensated though.
eswife

Post by eswife »

Cut of his willy and throw away the key to his cell!! That will be a start!!
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

I would like someone to show me any case in WA, where an offender was found guilty of Indecent Assault and Dep Lib and spent more than 3 years in Gaol for it.
Yes the Police may have stuffed up, but lets not forget who killed this girl...
"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got"
brad_88

Post by brad_88 »

i hope they dont isolate him in jail, so that he gets the treatment he deserves from other prisoners.
Night_Ryder
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Night_Ryder »

My thoughts exactly Brad. I reckon they should put him in general population at Casurina and then he would receive the punishment he deserves, I mean he is a sociopath, giving him a life sentence means nothing to him. He gave up his right to be treated fairly. If the death penalty hadnt been outlawed, he would have gotten it.
ADMIN NOTE: Account details transferred to "Reevesy"
Bungarra

Post by Bungarra »

And hopefully Bubba forgets the lubricant when he says hello :lol: But the coppers will be made the scape goats for the DPP and Minister. Never known a copper to miss a chance to get evidence on a tamp.
Night_Ryder
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Night_Ryder »

I cant ever imagine the police F*&king up something like this, referring to the 2003 incident with Aurthers, cause no one would want to put that bastard behind bars than the police.
rambler318

Post by rambler318 »

Night_Ryder wrote:I cant ever imagine the police F*&king up something like this, referring to the 2003 incident with Aurthers, cause no one would want to put that bastard behind bars than the police.
Well here is your answer. From news.com

DANTE WYNDHAM ARTHURS CASE

If days can be measured by their degree of difficulty, then yesterday would have been one of the worst in my time as your Police Commissioner.

To have to explain to the parents of 'Sofia' that her death and the subsequent pain and suffering that they have gone through was probably entirely avoidable, but for the actions of police, left me on the verge of tears several times during our meeting.

We are yet to find out what went wrong in the 2003 investigation but some things are clear. Firstly, the veracity and admissibility of the 2003 interview with Dante Arthurs was diminished by the actions of two of the interviewing officers.

While there may have been a view that the matter might have gone to trial, the fact is that rules and protocols were not followed and the DPP made a decision not to proceed.

Their decision has been vindicated by the statements of Justice McKechnie during the recent sentencing of Dante Arthurs.

Secondly, a vital piece of DNA evidence that we now know would have put the case beyond doubt was "overlooked". Exactly why this happened will be revealed by the Internal Investigation.

The community and the media are quite right to be outraged by the handling of this case and there is little we can do to defend what appears to be an indefensible position, nor should we try to do so.

There is no doubt that the community will, at the very least, be questioning their confidence and faith in our professionalism.

The standard of the 2003 investigation of Dante Arthurs has caused incalculable damage to our reputation and all police officers have a right to feel aggrieved by it.

The Dante Arthurs case is a matter in which both the actions of officers involved in the investigation and their supervisors will be scrutinised and questioned. The actions of supervisors, case managers, brief handling managers etc are absolutely vital as a quality control and failsafe mechanism.

Supervisors are likely to be held accountable for the actions of their subordinates and will be asked to explain matters when things go wrong.

They will certainly be held accountable for the quality of work and investigations that they have oversight of.

I should emphasise that I remain objective about the current internal investigation.

Notwithstanding, I will not and cannot defend and support a police investigation that is less than thorough and diligent and you cannot expect my support if you are responsible for such an investigation.

KARL J O'CALLAGHAN
COMMISSIONER OF POLICE
Night_Ryder
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Night_Ryder »

Well.....I stand corrected. How could this have happened? Can the two investigating officers be held accountable for Sofia's death? What will happen if they are found to be at fault of letting such a beast back onto the streets?
Donga
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Donga »

I tend to believe that Carl O'Callaghan is jumping on the media band wagon. Yes we all want answers for what happened to poor Sofia and it is easy to point fingers at others. Lets just assume that the correct procedures were followed by the interviewing officers and the DPP decided to go ahead and prosecute Dante Arthurs there was no guarrantee that he would have been convicted in the courts a jury may have a aquitted him and said he was not guilty. It happens all the time in the courts we do get things wrong from time to time. I can think of several high profile cases where the evidence is stacked up against the offender and the jury says not guilty. JUst a thought to ponder before we blame the poilce for not doing there jobs properly
HEKTIK
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Dante Arthurs

Post by HEKTIK »

Ausrob wrote:So with this new revelation

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22 ... 77,00.html

The link between him and the James Bulger killers become closer. Do you think he was one of the kids that killed James Bulger?
YES
Froggles wrote:If i remember correctly when this rumour was going around WAPOL took the unprecidented step of making a media release to dismiss the claims that he was one of the Bulger killers.

Usually the police dont comment on rumours and hearsay.
Possibly to throw off a possible jury?
Perth Online Police Scanner

http://waix.net:8000

RIP