Fire Department PC Game

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

truckie

Fire Department PC Game

Post by truckie »

spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

hmmm...
truckie

Post by truckie »

Huh? What does that mean?
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

well, i haven't played it
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

It's post whoring truckie
truckie

Post by truckie »

Last edited by truckie on Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

good point

hmmmm :lol:
xli

Post by xli »

I have both Fire Dept. 3 and Fire Captain (aka Fire Dept. 2 i believe), and have been addicted to Fire Captain a number of times (the one in the review i assume is the first in the series).. Basically you're in charge of controlling and extinguishing fires.. your given a scenario, ie. in FD3 theres a shopping mall fire, airport fire, or a research laboratory fire; FC's scenarios include a bush fire, fireworks factory fire, and chemical spill, and then given objectives like rescue the 4 trapped civilians, or save the acme processing machine..

Graphics are really good, and theres also a multiplayer mode which you can do co-op with the single player missions, or each player has a fire house and everyone teams up to put out several large fires. Realism is a strong point, so whilst putting out the fire you also need to be careful about are backdrafts, flashovers, and different types of fires like toxic, metal or chemical..

I'd recommend them without a question.. Both Fire Dept. 3 and Fire Captain are very similar though, the only noticable difference i've seen is the story line and scenarios really. Graphics and feature wise, they're about the same, although Fire Dept. 3 has a start-to-end storyline whereas FC is made up of four campaign butterfly effects, ie. winery catches on fire, causing a nearby bushfire, which threatens nearby neighbourhood.

Hope this gives a bit better insight to the game :)

Fire Captain screenshots: http://www.gamershell.com/pc/fire_depar ... shots.html