Daylight savings

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

Bobby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Daylight savings

Post by Bobby »

Is it just me or are the times on this forum still on daylight savings time?? My computer switched itself back (seemed odd to me...) but the times shown in the forum are 1 hour ahead.....

Whilst on the subject, who liked and who disliked daylight savings??
Ludacris
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ludacris »

I loved it, just went out to wash my car and its pitch black dark Booooooo
"If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got"
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

best thing to happen. Hopefully its gets voted in. Normally would be mowing now in the cool but not any more. Too dark way too early :(
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Day one of DL savings got sunburnt pruning the roses at 6pm. :evil:
yorky

Post by yorky »

Set in your profile back to +8 as you may have it set to +9, as most forums/computer stuff doesn't know about WST DST.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Re: Daylight savings

Post by Tyranus »

Bobby wrote:Is it just me or are the times on this forum still on daylight savings time?? My computer switched itself back (seemed odd to me...) but the times shown in the forum are 1 hour ahead.....

Whilst on the subject, who liked and who disliked daylight savings??
You have a Windows update to thank for that :), and it'll automatically change back next year, if it's still around :P.
I liked it, although a couple of weeks earlier would have been a good time to end.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Bobby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Bobby »

yorky wrote:Set in your profile back to +8 as you may have it set to +9, as most forums/computer stuff doesn't know about WST DST.
Thanks - thats better :D

tyranus wrote:You have a Windows update to thank for that , and it'll automatically change back next year, if it's still around .
I liked it, although a couple of weeks earlier would have been a good time to end.
Really - I have never seen that happen before. None of my work computers did it. [/quote]
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

I am a pro daylight savings man. Got quite used to the later light, and thank god none of my curtains faded :wink: . Didn't notice a reduction in the milk supply either :lol: .

The only down side was having to explain to vague journalists at work that the light was different. For example just because something looked good at 3pm in standard time, it wouldn't look the same at 3pm daylight savings time :roll:

Yorky's observation (above) is spot on. I had to change my profile from GMT+9 back to GMT+8. May i suggest that everyone checks their profile.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Bobby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Bobby »

auntys_eyes wrote:The only down side was having to explain to vague journalists at work that the light was different. For example just because something looked good at 3pm in standard time, it wouldn't look the same at 3pm daylight savings time :roll:
ha ha ha ](*,)
that is hilarious.....
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Bobby wrote:
Really - I have never seen that happen before. None of my work computers did it.
Microsoft released a patch just for us West aussies look in add remove programs for Western Australian time zone update. It is this little program, that enables the little tick box in your regional settings. At last check it only worked on Windows XP, Vista and Server 2003, unless with the second patch (first one was just for this year, second one included the dates for the next 2 years) also worked with 2000. It may also be that whoever is running your network at work, has not setup an update server and as such you did not get the update (or they did not publish the update).
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.