McNought Comet

Off topic stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else. This is the place for jokes and rants :-) Strictly no advertising!

Moderator: Bonez

Antt
150+ posts
150+ posts

McNought Comet

Post by Antt »

Just wondering if anyone has had the oppertunity to see the Mcnought Commet yet? apparently its visable all week but i havent had any luck :( Im thinking it cause i live on the flats and need to get to higher ground. also seeings how solar flares can interfere with radios and alike, does anyone think that the comet may interefere with radio receptions around the place???
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Just went outside and saw it.... wow!.... i live down on the flats too mate but had no worries seeing it. Had quite a cool moment when i picked up the binoculars to look at the comet it was joined by polair61 in the viewfinder... if only i had a big zoom lens on my camera it would have made an awesome pic.
Now while we are off topic... to the parents of the little redneck weasel that rides his goddam noisy petrol minibike up and down my street at dusk every bloody night...SCREW YOU!
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Saw it tonight while at my brother's place near the airport and it was very visible for a good half-hour to an hour (wasn't checking my watch).

As the sunset got darker, the comet's tail became more visible.

If I have enough time tomorrow night, I'm thinking of setting up my camera on its tripod and trying to take a pic.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

From where i live it's quite visable from accross the road on the oval.

The Tail on it tonight was much longer then last nights.

Still amazing to see.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

I recon the best place to see it would be the beach, Scarborough was good and so was Cottesloe too...
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Saw it at a mate's farm in Merredin last night. Awesome!
Last edited by WPXZBP on Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
herbie1204

Post by herbie1204 »

I maganged to take a pic of it last night at work. Will be more prepared tonight to take pics of it as I know what time to look for it now.
Will post pics later this week. :D
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

that explains why a couple was taking pictures of the night sky last night. Thought they mighta been tourists :lol:
Might have a look tonight then
doogues71
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by doogues71 »

saw the comet last night was an awesome sight.
DOCKERS for PREMIERS 2008!!
herbie1204

Post by herbie1204 »

I have some pics from Wednesday, Thursday and Friday night of the comet. If it's not to much trouble for one of the moderators to pm me and advise of the best way to upload the pics on this site, it would be greatly appreciated. :) I may have to resize the pics as well, so some advice would be great.
Antt
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Antt »

Finaaly saw it last night, what an amazing sight to see. Never seen brilliant clours like that before. Going to be out there agin tonight watching it lol
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Did anyone else see the picture in yesterdays times ?

Wasn't taken in australian (forget where :lol:) But was a brilliant shot.