[WF][UK] Lancashire Police

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

[WF][UK] Lancashire Police

Post by written_ficton »

Many thanks to one of the officers that showed me around the vehicle.

I've closed the door!
d3funct.q45

Re: [WF][UK] Lancashire Police

Post by d3funct.q45 »

Do you know anything about these BMW cars?
I've always wondered if they are just bare shells with minimum equipment fitted inside, or if they are the real deal 5 series with seat massagers, powered seats, and all the lovelys that come with standard BMW 5 series?

If they are standard, then wow - you wouldnt see too many frontline officers driving around in Statesman or Fairlanes here 8)
http://www.chrishermann.net

Scanning with; Uniden BC61XLT.
Blinky
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Blinky »

d3funct.q45 wrote:Do you know anything about these BMW cars?
I've always wondered if they are just bare shells with minimum equipment fitted inside, or if they are the real deal 5 series with seat massagers, powered seats, and all the lovelys that come with standard BMW 5 series?

If they are standard, then wow - you wouldnt see too many frontline officers driving around in Statesman or Fairlanes here 8)
The BMW's are the real deal. I emailed my cousin in the UK who is an Officer there and he replied the BMW he travelled in was the real deal.

he said "I do know it is cheaper to get off the shelf motors than asking for a special. It would probably cost more not to have the special seats."

He also said they are real fast.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those who do not.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

The BMW would be sweet to patrol in, very nice car.

There was a cost analysis done a few years ago here that showed that Police would be better off driving BMW's around as the re-sale value of them is much higher as they retain their value and are always sought after. However it would be a bad look for Australian Police to be driving around in BMW's in the current economic climate.
Per Ardua-Ad Astra