Some Train snaps

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
Nafenn

Some Train snaps

Post by Nafenn »

Thought i might aswell go through my train photos and post a few... why not

Thats the NG (SAR NG15 123 - South African Rail Narrow Gauge Locomotive Model #15, Engine #123) at the workshops early in the morning getting ready to go out (Takes about 3 hours from warm to get going - 5 hours from cold).

A look inside the firebox of the NG, the actual dimentions escape me, but its about 2m wide, and 3m deep. The wet patch is from a leaking fuseable plug (very bad - we didn't take it out this day)

The other steam engine that is opperational: the Perry. Originally from the Inkerman Sugar Mill in QLD, its much smaller than the NG, so more difficult to fire.

The cab of the perry

Our largest Diesel, the Fowler, From the Isis sugar mill in QLD, arriving at Whiteman Village Junction.

Twice a year, we run a Friends of Thomas the Tank Engine day - where we put faces on the trains etc for the kids.

The day starts very early, usually around 0600, to give us enough time to get the engines in steam for 0900.

The Planet coming out of the workshops with the NG waiting at the platform of Mussel Pool.

At the moment, we are running the NG on weekends and throughout the school holidays (with the perry as a backup), and after school hols finish - diesels will be running the midweek service.
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Helitac668
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden ubc93xlt

Re: Some Train snaps

Post by Helitac668 »

Great pics at the Workshop and at Mussel Pool. It reminds me of the days when I used to Volunteer there. It was good fun but I had to stop due to Yr11 Schooling.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Helitac668 wrote:Great pics at the Workshop and at Mussel Pool. It reminds me of the days when I used to Volunteer there. It was good fun but I had to stop due to Yr11 Schooling.
You're not Ian are you?
Nathan Fenn

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Helitac668

Post by Helitac668 »

Nah im Jack...but i think i used to be rostered on the same day as he was. I was a trainee Guard and I believe we meet once when you were new.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Helitac668 wrote:Nah im Jack...but i think i used to be rostered on the same day as he was. I was a trainee Guard and I believe we meet once when you were new.
Ahh, more than likley. Probably Fotte... riding around on the NG.

Fun fun fun - I have been instructed to ask you when you are coming back (just coz i give someone else the epic browns because he is too much of a woman to come back - Doug, i'm looking at you). I'm guessing you're not far off 18, so wouldn't be far off getting your diesel ticket.
Nathan Fenn

Helitac668

Post by Helitac668 »

AHAHAHAH im not sure when i will return. It all depends wether I get into uni or not. :S Hopefully i can come back sometime in the distant future. :D